This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMX Mod 0.9.2

Well, rizzuh and the crew dragged me out of my little hole to post again for those who need to know the latest news on what's happening out there. Apparently, AMX Mod is nearing completion but you have a chance to test out the beta version! It's a MetaMod plugin that allows you to write scripts for Half-Life mods. It has a similar way of scripting like AdminMod, so it should be fairly easy for our server scripting friends. To view more about this or to download it click it, and click it good.

Now that you're all distracted, back to my hole I go![break="what AMX Mod does"]
    • generate special fx with sound (f.e. lightning, explosions, shockwaves)

• catch events to display or collect various informations

• register new cvars, server and client commands

• display motd windows, hud messages, menus

• send messages to clients, server and logs

• set various values on player like godmode, health, armor, position, rendering

• run commands on server, clients and bots

• create administrating/management stuff for servers

• modify client hud information (f.e. score board)

• set new gameplay rules

• do many, many other things !

another way for nub servers to abuse there admin on me... yay!!!

Thank god I have my own server

Comment

so.. someone tell me the difference between this and adminmod.

Comment

Adminmod doesn't work with 1.6b...

uh...

do many, many other things !

I really don't know, other then being an alternative to the easily exploited admin mod.

Comment

» generate special FX with sound (f.e. lightning, explosions, shockwaves)
          Okay, who's bright idea was this little gem?

*sigh*

Comment

Nooby servers INC.

Comment

loks cool to me!

Comment

Edited by [user="24407"] @ [time="1044436791"]

AMXMod 0.9.2 has been out for a while (well, just a few days). Its more flexible than Adminmod or Clanmod and has lower memory overhead. It uses a more recent and optimized version of the Small engine (version 2.1.0, Adminmod uses an obsolete version 1.5.0), this also allows amx plugins work on Linux and Win32 server without recompile. There are already tons of plugins for AMX that can do amazing (sometimes stupid, sometimes useful) things.

Of course... most admins only will use its basic admin features (slot reservation, kicking, baning, slaps, setting up server for clanmatches).

BTW... The autor is OLO. The same man who created the well known addons, Clanmod, StatsMe and CSGuard (now HLGuard)

Comment

Like Boneless said, the same person who made CM/SM/CSG made AMX.. so you know it has to be better .

What these people forgot to mention is that you can also run a warcraft3 mod: more info here -- http://amxmod.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5620

Comment

olo rules!

united admins suck!

its as simple as that

Comment

amx pwns all i hate that wc3 mod for it though......on my serv we just got rollthedice and nukem(always fun, can make a real nuke go off or do a fake one) also on amx u can slap people in diff ways u can slap a whole team u can slay people in 3 diffrent ways its just fun.

Comment

"Fun" plugins are onlly fun the 1st time or when you are drunk... Abuse of "fun" commands is idiotic and boring...

Comment

AMX is the best server administration plugin available. <---Final point

Easy SQL, incredible stability and security, much more flexible than adminmod, clanmod, WWCL and Statsme combined without the performance hit.

Have a look at amx_match_deluxe plugin by Shromi, it really whips the llammas ass

Comment

Of course, allowing admins to up their health and armor without anybody noticing is a great feature too. But I suppose that doesn't matter.

Comment

thor2488 wrote..

Of course, allowing admins to up their health and armor without anybody noticing is a great feature too. But I suppose that doesn't matter.
                              You don't need AMX mod to do that... just get Metamod SDK and make your own server plugin to rape players.

Hint: If you don't trust the server op, just go for another server...

Comment

Working...
                              X