This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL-I Week 5:2 Predictions

Tonight CAL-invite plays it second match of the week on de_cbble. We are in for an exciting night as there are a lot of big match-ups to take place. Let's take a look at the matches and my predictions.[break="Click for the Predictions"]Matches ending Thursday - Feb 6, 2003

Map(s) de_cbble

Team 3D (8-1) vs WeekEnd Warriors (8-1) -- aeakos's match of the night - Wow, talk about a match to watch. The reigning CPL champion 3D team vs the west Powerhouse of WEW. Both teams coming off impressive wins earlier in the week with 3D taking down a strong aoX team (17-7) and WEW defeating DoP (16-8.) This will be the most skillful match in CAL-invite this season and I expect 1000+ viewers on HLTV for this one. I think this match could go either way, but I'm going to pick 3D to take it by a small margin. 3D -over- WEW :: 14-10

Team c[h]ikara (0-9) vs The Speakeasy Offensive (1-8) -- I picked c[h]ikara earlier in the week to pick up its first CAL-i win vs utp but was disappointed with a 13-11 loss. TSO lost on Monday to move-up Shockwave in a 15-9 setting. I want to say that [h] will pick that first win up tonight vs a weak TSO team, but something tells me TSO's experience will prevail. TSO -over- c[h]ikara :: 13-11

RiotSquad (4-4-1) vs frag university (3-6) -- I feel sorry for fu| in this one. RiotSquad might have had former leader/star Sickness retire, but rest assured that Cripple is there to pick up any slack. This rs team is as strong as the one that defeated 3D a week and a half ago. RiotSquad -over- fu| :: 19-5

Team NetZone (7-2) vs High-Tech Performance (3-6) -- NetZone is coming off a strange loss to zEx earlier in the week where they left the server before the match was complete. htp on the other hand has had a dismail season and it won't get any better tonight. NetZone -over- htp :: 20-4

iLanGamers (4-5) vs Ascension (5-4) -- This match should be an interesting match between two closely skilled teams looking to bring their records above par. iLAN is coming off an overtime win over a very strong Pinnacle team while |a*| had a disappointing 18-6 loss to TSG. iLAN has the momentum and confidence coming into this match and I think that will make the difference. iLAN -over- |a*| :: 16-8

issues with authority (2-7) vs In for Blood (5-4) -- Both of these teams had big losses last week with iwa losing 21-3 to Legends and ifb losing 18-6 to Green Berets. I don't think iwa will be much competition for this improving ifb team. ifb is looking to make a name for themselves and improve to 6-4 on the season, while iwa will continue on it's disappointing season. ifb -over- iwa :: 15-9

Legends (2-3) vs New Expert Gamers (2-7) -- Legends won big over iwa on Monday 21-3. NEG on the otherhand has had a disappointing season losing a close one to ExS 13-11. I think Legends will prove to be far too much for this inconsistant NEG team, winning big in this one. LgD -over- NEG :: 17-7

Hicks With Sticks (4-5) vs Team Rival (3-6) -- Rival is looking to improve its poor season record with another big win tonight. They defeated Eternal Silence on Monday in a 19-5 blowout. Look for [hs] not to fair much better against the defending CAL-i champs. Rival -over- [hs] :: 16-8

Eternal Silence (3-6) vs nerve (4-5) -- Eternal Silence has had some serious roster changes and to summarize I'll quote Kessler's GotFrag prediction."After server roster changes the previous week with weiler and cosmo coming aboard, they quickly either left or were cut. Late last night the infamous "funk" comes out of retirement thanks to the kindness of his finance Meredith, also coming with Funk is Kimber. As of earlier Tuesday morning Brutal parts ways with eS due to leadership issues also leaving is Krypto. Believe it not on Wednesday Funk, Kimber, Bond, and Fr0d all left Eternal Silence. Digipimp, wEr, epix, punisha, and bojangles are the only people left..." Your guess is as good as mine if eS will field 5 tonight or not. Nerve on the other hand is coming off a close loss to a strong rs team and will be sure to win this one. nerve -over- eS :: 19-5

TEC (7-2) vs Gamers-X (9-0) -- This will be a very important match for both of these playoff bound teams. TEC coming off an upset loss to BiO last week and GX took down a previously undefeated e7 team. TEC needs this win to get back on track and atop the Gamma division. GX is looking to keep their undefeated season going. After interviewing [GX]-Hare earlier this week, it only gives me more of a reason to pick GX in this nailbiter. GX -over- TEC :: 14-10

Biodegradable Heroes (7-2) vs Domain of Pain (4-5) -- BiO won big over TEC last week with a great performance by BiO-SpYdeR. DoP has chosen to go completely local to NYC and will not have enough players eligiable to play tonight. BiO -over- DoP :: 13-0

TEAM STOMPING GROUNDS (5-3-1) vs Texas Area Untouchables (5-4) -- This should be a good match to watch. TSG has been improving all season long and with their decisive win over Acension on Monday, they are looking to turn some heads. TAU won big over a weak htp team 19-5, but I don't think they will have enough to pull it off tonight over TSG. TSG -over- TAU :: 15-9

shockwave (2-7) vs utopian (2-7) -- utp decided to play on Monday night defeating a struggling c[h]ikara team in a close one (13-11.) Shockwave on the otherhand has went 1-7 in their last 8 matches. They are coming off a win over TSO on Monday night, but I think that if utp puts the effort forth and fields 5 they will get the win. utp -over- shockwave :: 15-9

Pinnacle (5-4) vs art of eXecution (5-4) -- Pinnacle lost a tough match to iLAN in overtime on Monday. aoX on the otherhand played 3D and got beat badly 17-7. If aoX plays like they can and Pinnacle's inconsistancy continues, aoX will win this one easily. aoX -over- P~ :: 16-8

zEx (9-0) vs Echo 7 (8-1) -- zEx one of only two undefeated teams remaining beat a strong NetZone team Monday night 17-7. e7 on the other hand lost to the cinderella team of GX and is trying to stay on top of Delta division. I think Sunman and Shag will show e7 why zEx is one of the top US teams. zEx -over- e7 :: 17-7

Excess (3-6) vs Green Berets (3-6) -- ExS has had a disappointing season considering the ammount of talent that is on their roster. I don't think their record will improve tonight as they face a strong GB team. GB on the other hand is trying to rally its season above the .500 mark and with their big win over ifb on Monday, they might well be on their way. Look for GB to take a decisive edge in this one. GB -over- ExS :: 15-9

go 3d go

Comment

OMG, wew vs. 3d = good match

Comment

I'm putting my money on Echo 7 to upset zEx.

Comment

Evil, unless zEx plays with 1 hand tied behind their back and use the arrow keys with tmps and nightvision, e7 might have a chance.

Comment

What time? What server?

For people trying to follow e-sports, they don't make it easy.

http://www.caleague.com/?page=schedule&div=cs

That URL has no server or time information on tonights matches.

Comment

Patrick_Bateman69 wrote..

What time? What server?

For people trying to follow e-sports, they don't make it easy.

http://www.caleague.com/?page=schedule&div=cs

That URL has no server or time information on tonights matches.
              http://csnation.counter-strike.net/viewnews.php/5716/

Comment

i <3 aeakos he is teh awesome!!!1

p.s. go WEW go!

Comment

Omg, if TSO doesnt win tonight we are through!!! Good job aeakos

31C

Comment

zEx > echo 7 14 - 10

zEx did great as CT, and excellent beginning as T, but toward the later part of T it looked bad, but of course they bounced back and continue the undefeated season.

Comment

argent, 3D sucks on cbble!

Comment

wew > 3d 15-9

;\

Comment

TSO lost. bye charlie

wow, sucks for gamers x. 3d i could care less about. gj zex for keepin the wins

Comment

Im not a 3D fan simply because of KSharps over-rated-ness and the 3D hype. Many teams are better than 3D, but just never got to shine. It also seems like 3D is slipping this season, like they arent really giving it their all in the matches.

zEx is my team, I hope they keep up undefeated season and win the CPL.

Comment

.nap wrote..

Evil, unless zEx plays with 1 hand tied behind their back and use the arrow keys with tmps and nightvision, e7 might have a chance.
                              You worded that wrong so you ended up saying the opposite of what you meant. You said zEx plays best with 1 hand tied behind their back and they only use arrow keys, tmps, and nightvision and if they didn't do that they'd lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X