This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More VAC Updates

The boys at VALVe are at it again! They've pulled another one of their crazy hijinks and released another VAC module. This module should reduce the number of false positives that have been reported recently due to hardware on client's machines. Your server should update automatically, so while you wait for that take a gander at Eric's e-mail.[break="eric smith's e-mail"]
    *** This only affects Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers. ***

We've updated the public security modules again. These security modules should further reduce the number of false positives related to hardware errors on clients' machines.

Your Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers should update themselves automatically. Let me know if you have any problems with these security modules and we'll look into them right away.

Thanks.

Eric Smith Valve

These security modules should further reduce the number of false positives related to hardware errors on clients' machines.
    Finally! Maybe I won't get banned from 1.6b now.

Comment

If you buy hardware like video cards that come with wallhacks you deserve to be banned whether you payed for the game or not keep banning the falses there just lying to get hacks to work.

I have never been false positived why>? because I dont buy hardware that supports hacking sorry I have no sympathy for you people.

Comment

There were 'hw errors' becase overclocking etc.

Comment

I've yet to see a video card that listed "wallhacking" as one of it's features.

Comment

Genocide thats a weak comment mate. There are other reasons for false positives listed before me, and IM sure the clue is in the ´phrase FALSE positive. These people are NOT cheaters, so extend them every courtesy for discovering some of the bugs associated with vac, and dont be unsympathetic, if you had abudget machine, which u had to overclock, u wouldnt be feeling so selfish.

Comment

[PKM]GenocideS1 wrote..

If you buy hardware like video cards that come with wallhacks you deserve to be banned whether you payed for the game or not keep banning the falses there just lying to get hacks to work.

I have never been false positived why>? because I dont buy hardware that supports hacking sorry I have no sympathy for you people.
              Wow...I've never seen two paragraphs spewing as much bullshit as these two here. Genocide you truly are King Shithead.

I was false-positived, obviously for the hardware on my machine, but the ban disappeared the next day.

Comment

Edited by [user="37934"] @ [time="1046735056"]

Farmer Jimbo wrote..

Many have had options to make OpenGL walls transparent. There have been petitions to get the companies to remove the drivers that let people do this, and the petitions have succeeded mostly, though I bet many people have the drivers up on illegal mirrors or something. There were articles about some of these cards on CS-Nation in the summer.

Could someone start stating if VAC updates are for 1.6 or 1.5 in these posts?

Comment

My friend was false positive, but thats because hes an oxy moron. hah.. hah.. /me cries

Comment

Farmer Jimbo wrote..

Many have had options to make OpenGL walls transparent

This is what im talking about companies like "Asus" Video Cards continue to release vid cards that come with these features chances are many of the false positives are cause by this even if the drivers for such video cards are disabled you will still be detected as cheating. these people should still be banned period.

for those who flamed

I DO NOT WANT CS TO TURN INTO RTcW

I make models sprites and sounds for cs

if cheating continues a anti-cheat like (punkbuster for RTcW) will come out and then you will be unable to mod cs

then you will be forced to use low quality weapons models unrealistic

player models ect. ect. ect.

Comment

[PKM]GenocideS1 wrote..

for those who flamed...
                      its the way u say whatever that u've said before which made people flame u...

please be more "gentle" would you??? rather than barging thru the doors... you're only askin 4 trouble...

anywayz... Linkin Park's Somewhere I Belong roxorz!!!

Comment

False positives don't come from those specific Asus drivers or the (some no-name brand card) drivers. Those are, have been, and continue to be detected as cheats, as they should be.

Some of the errors can come from ram inconsistancy or any number of other problems. I'm kind of worried about my own computer as it is, as it's been restarting at random lately. Probably just need to reformat, but for all I know I could be having a DIMM going bad.

Anyway, the point is, those that should be banned will still be banned. They simply fixed some problems where people who shouldn't be banned were getting banned. Now get off your little soap box of doom and gloom for CS. CS in 1.3 was far worse than RTCW ever got, and yet we were never prevented from using custom models. Sheesh.

Comment

Good job VALVe

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

Some of the errors can come from ram inconsistancy or any number of other problems. I'm kind of worried about my own computer as it is, as it's been restarting at random lately. Probably just need to reformat, but for all I know I could be having a DIMM going bad.
                            If you are running Win2k or XP you can go into properties of "My Computer", or use control panel/system. Then you go to the Advanced Tab, click the startup and recovery button. On that screen you uncheck Automatically Reboot. Next time you'll most likely be greeted by a bluescreen instead of a reboot, unless powerloss is the cause of your reboots.

The bluescreen might help you find more info about the problem. I had a problem with my USB joypad rebooting my computer when starting games. I worked for several hours until, the only solution I found was as you said, reinstall windows (win2k), and it helped.

Comment

or alternatively, Nighthawk, kiss your lame computer days away by doing the following. And I know you will find this difficult, save for the money ! Oh, jobbing student, oh well, go see your college grants manager. Ask him if he willpay for dsl connection and a new alienware pc as u wish to become a pro gamer, it will be intersting to see what assistance or start up grants y6ou could blag..

Believe it or not, If i was still astudent here, UK Student Union bodies would be sympathetic with it, but then again im a master blagger.

Comment

Working...
                              X