This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_cpl_fire Reviewed

Just yesterday, Frank Nuccio announced on the CAL-i website that de_clan2_fire has been updated and renamed to de_cpl_fire. As a follow-up, Got Frag has reviewed the map and came to some controversial conclusions:
    In my honest opinion, both de_chateau or de_storm, with lighting and texture improvements, would make much better match maps than the current form of this map. This map is in dire need of another chokepoint mostly likely on the extreme left side, CT point of view, into bombsite 1. This would make it easier for Ts team to create balanced attacks and combine rushing areas, lessening the CT extreme advantage. Without these changes, this map is even more unbalanced than the current CPL-removed map, de_prodigy.
    Bad news for narby's designed-for-competition map. I mean, de_storm. Youch.

I've heard pretty bad reviews about it, but this one takes the cake. Time to check it out for myself O_o

Comment

maybe they should just drop it, I can't wait to see de_comrade in preseason after week 1. I hope it plays well and it will be placed in the map rotation @ CPL and CAL.

... also are open,im,and main going to get to play fire in preseason?

Comment

Edited by [user="23346"] @ [time="1048401388"]

dont see why people are giving it bad reviews. sure it has 2 choke points, but the changed one is actually has 2 places directions which it can be entered from.. it requires you to know your team and be VERY coordinated, the timing on it will force you to practice it to no end in order to perfect it.. bleh @ that webpage

to sum what the webpage was going to say, look at how nicely someone @ the window could change things.. his points are pretty valid, but i think he just forgot to mention there is a window which would help things a lot

Comment

Edited by [user="31955"] @ [time="1048471040"]

BTW, comparing it to Storm and Chateau wasn't a bad review if you read. Those maps, layout wise, create great strats and interesting viewing for spectators, for pub play yes it would be bad but that wasn't the issue.

The big issue with this map, and review states this, is that its basically two entrances. That's not good! Read the comments it talks about the reasons at length.

Comment

Chateua rockx its a great map, and I odnt find it overly unbalanced, the problems with it are that not enough poepel play it, so they odnt get used to it...

Comment

A map made by narby that isn't very good or even well thought out?

Am I the only one that thinks that's not all that strange?

We are talking about the same person that made de_aztec, de_airstrip and de_vertigo. I guess de_inferno isn't too bad...well it WAS then it got improved by adding another way for the Ts to go. Wait a second, does Narby purposely make unbalanced maps?!

Comment

Yes he does, he thinks ct's should start with with an advantage (on de_ maps). He said that in an interview/newspost/whatever someday.

Comment

I'm reserving my judgement on how the map performs until after it has been tested during the CAL season.

I plan to update and upgrade the CPL maps in a similar way that aztec/inferno etc have been given graphical upgrades and also tackle any issues that come up during the season.
                  kglapoin wrote..

A map made by narby that isn't very good or even well thought out?

Am I the only one that thinks that's not all that strange?

We are talking about the same person that made de_aztec, de_airstrip and de_vertigo. I guess de_inferno isn't too bad...well it WAS then it got improved by adding another way for the Ts to go. Wait a second, does Narby purposely make unbalanced maps?!
                  It's a conspiracy. I'm doing my best to make all my maps as one sided as possible. Yes.

Comment

I KNEW It i bet the government is makeing you do it to!

Comment

I disagree with midway and spiffman on this one, fire could be interresting in matches (I liked the first one even if one single sniper could shut down that way.. so..).

Let's wait and see.

Comment

Bear in mind the map is in CAL preseason precisely to test it.

Comment

Edited by [user="23346"] @ [time="1048446905"]

Midway wrote..

BTW, comparing it to Storm and Chateau wasn't a bad review if you read. Those maps, layout wise, create great strats and interesting viewing for spectators, for pub play yes it would be bad but that wasn't the issue.

The big issue with this map, and review states this, is that its basically two entrances. That's not good! Read the comments it takes about the reasons at length.
                          I see where you're coming from, at first look I had the same view as you that there are only 2 entrances, but it isnt at all bad like prodigy because there are different ways to get to the entrances, plus areas where coordinated pushes/rushes are not only ideal, but neccessary for a plan to work. On prodigy, you have two places to push, one basically a straight line, the other where a team could get owned in a crossfire. We need to play together on server and I'll show you, I'm horrible at explaining things lol

But besides that, in real life arent the police trying to guard an area from terrorist attack and therefore supposed to get to the targets and be ready for any attacks before them?

Comment

narby, wasn't an attack, I more just wanted to bring about thoughts about the map. I really want to see new maps and want this map to be successful. I had the feeling that many clans were already just ignoring it, so I thought I would at least spark some talk about it.

Comment

Midway wrote..

narby, wasn't an attack, I more just wanted to bring about thoughts about the map. I really want to see new maps and want this map to be successful. I had the feeling that many clans were already just ignoring it, so I thought I would at least spark some talk about it.
                              I never said it was, I totally respect your views, but I think it may have been better to review the map AFTER it was played in one or two matches first.

Comment

Working...
                              X