This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL-I Week 5:1 Results

The CAL-invite division had some very intense games last night. Playing their first game of the week on de_cbble. Lets take a look at the results, records, and the spread of my predictions.[break="Click for the results"]shockwave (2-7) vs The Speakeasy Offensive (1-8) - Shockwave won this despite TSO keeping it fairly close all night long.

My Prediction: TSO -over- Shock :: 14-10

Final Score: Shock -over- TSO :: 15-9 (8-4CT) (7-5T) Spread: -5

Hicks With Sticks (4-5) vs frag university (3-6) - The [hs] team was able to handle fu| pretty dominantly in this one taking both sides by a good margin.

My Prediction: [hs] -over- fu| :: 15-9

Final score: [hs] -over- fu| :: 16-8 (8-4CT) (8-4T) Spread: -1

Texas Area Untouchables (5-4) vs High-Tech Performance (3-6) - TAU blowing out htp in this one and finally getting above the .500 mark.

My Prediction: TAU -over- htp| :: 14-10

Final Score: TAU -over- htp| :: 19-5 (11-1CT) (8-4T) Spread: -5

TEAM STOMPING GROUNDS (5-3-1) vs Ascension (5-4) - A convincing win for TSG in this one with some interesting comments in the post game comment section: "Comments WOW CAL SERVERS RESTART! MID GAME!"

My Prediction: TSG -over- |a*| :: 15-9

Final Score: TSG -over- |a*| :: 18-6 (8-4CT) (10-2T) Spread: -3

Domain of Pain (4-5) vs WeekEnd Warriors (8-1) - DoP was able to get a few more rounds in this one than I thought they would, but the Kye/Doyle combination of WeW proved to be too much for them.

My Prediction: WeW -over- DoP :: 18-6

Final Score: WeW -over- DoP :: 16-8 (8-4T) (8-4CT) Spread: +2

Demo: HLTV

Green Berets (3-6) vs In for Blood (5-4) - GB came out with 5 players and on fire, winning this match very convincingly.

My Prediction: GB -over- ifb :: 14-10

Final Score: GB -over- ifb :: 19-5 (11-1CT) (8-4T) Spread: -5

Excess (3-6) vs New Expert Gamers (2-7) - A really close match here with NEG taking the early lead and ExS battling back.

My Prediction: ExS -over- NEG :: 17-7

Final Score: ExS -over- NEG :: 13-11 (4-8CT) (9-3T) Spread: +4

Eternal Silence (3-6) vs Team Rival (3-6) - It looks like the new additions of Faheem and Bloodshot really helped out Rival. Hopefully they can make a run at the playoffs now, but a divisional win will be quite hard with WeW and GX atop their division at the moment.

My Prediction: Rival -over- eS :: 16-8

Final Score: Rival -over- eS :: 19-5 (11-1T) (8-4CT) Spread: -3

Demo: Rival|McDermott

RiotSquad vs nerve - Evidently the match wasn't scheduled early enough and no server was open at match time. Comments reading: "This match will be played. No forfeit. Servers are to be reserved 24 hours before match."

Echo 7 (8-1) vs Gamers-X (9-0) - GX taking out e7 in this one, joining zEx as the only undefeated teams this season.

My Prediction: GX -over- e7 :: 15-9

Final Score: GX -over- e7 :: 16-8 (8-4T) (8-4CT) Spread: -1

utopian (2-7) vs Team c[h]ikara (0-9) - My prediction read that "C[h]ikara...will get their first win of the season in this match." Unfortunately, I was wrong on this one with utp picking up a close win. C[h]ikara has yet to pick up a win this season.

My Prediction: C[h]ikara -over- utp :: 18-6

Final Score: utp -over- C[h]ikara :: 13-11 (9-3CT) (4-8T) Spread: -7

zEx (9-0) vs Team NetZone (7-2) - This was aeakos's match of the night but it was a bit strange. This taken from the gotFrag comments: "Servers crashed at 6-1, zEx won pistol and Forsaken left."

My Prediction: zEx -over- NetZone :: 14-10

Final Score: zEx -over- NetZone :: 17-7 (6-6CT) (11-1T) Spread: -3

Biodegradable Heroes (7-2) vs TEC (7-2) - Bio handing TEC their second loss of the season here with a very impressive performance by SpYdeR of Bio.

My Prediction: TEC -over- Bio :: 16-8

Final Score: Bio -over- TEC :: 15-9 (11-1CT) (4-8T) Spread: -7

Demo: HLTV & Bio-SpYdeR

Team 3D (8-1) vs art of eXecution (5-4) - 3D won their CT side very convincingly (10-2) and only needed to pick up 3 on T side.

My Prediction: 3D -over- aoX :: 15-9

Final Score: 3D -over- aoX :: 17-7 (10-2CT) (7-5T) Spread: -2

issues with authority (2-7) vs Legends (2-3) - Legends came out firing in this one. iwa in a rebuilding season and not exactly able to put big numbers on the board.

My Prediction: LgD -over- iwa :: 17-7

Final Score: LgD -over- iwa :: 21-3 (10-2T) (11-1CT) Spread: -4

Demo: LgD-Lee

iLanGamers (4-5) vs Pinnacle (5-4) - iLAN picking up a big win here in what I would consider an upset. This game went into a very close overtime battle.

My Prediction: P~ -over- iLAN :: 15-9

Final Score: iLAN -over- P~ :: 16-14 (8-4CT) (4-8T) (4-2OT) Spread: -7

Predictions(# Right/# Total Matches Played): 11/15(Pending Outcome of rs/nerve match)

Total Spread: -47 or an average of -3.133/match winner

who or what is this aeakos fellow

Comment

zEx still undefeated, woooooooo

The server crash freaked me out though, at first i thought it was my leet imac crashing on me.

(i dont use an iMac, well i wipe my ass with it sometimes but thats all )

Comment

I am the new E-sports guy for CS-Nation. ;D

Comment

Comment

Hey SinaC, are you coming back to write for CSN again?

btw, aeakos, good job . I want Team 3D

Comment

Alienmorph wrote..

. I want Team 3D
              Are you sure you have enough lovin' for thewhole clan?

Comment

aeakos: very gj on the predictions and follow up, this is the most indepth coverage i think i have ever seen. gj. looking forward to more aeakos action!

what do you think about the 3D vs WEW match coming up?

Comment

nice job aeakos., u must really like e-sports

Comment

I think the match up of 3D vs WeW will be very interesting. Depending on how much preperation 3D puts into an online match and the fact that it is de_cbble, WeW could find itself on top if it plays like it has the past 3 to 4 matches.

Comment

jesus another close one for Chikara they can't get a damn break can they?

Comment

Alienmorph wrote..

Hey SinaC, are you coming back to write for CSN again?
                        no. at least not until the summer then maybe but i dont think rish likes me and superm0nk hates me sooo

o and its WEW last time i checked~

Comment

Since when do you capitolize "end" in "week-end"? Oh right, never.

Comment

Since they've always worn their tag WEW or W.E.W... that's when. (Not to mention when he actually writes it out, he writes it as WeekEnd Warriors.)

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X