This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Neo Debuts

Counter-Strike Neo, the arcade version of Counter-Strike modified by Namco (full story - mailbag), has debuted in Japan. An article in full-on Japanese tells us about CS Neo and gives us plenty of screens. I've mirrored the good ones below. Perhaps one of you anime fans out there can translate the article.

Update: UKTerrorist has translated a few bits from the article.

[break="more images & map screens"]

Thanks to Game Watch, that crazy Japanese site linked to right here, and D2-BRZRK.

Look at the arms they're have a blue sleeve,OMG DETAILS IN CS DEFAULT MODELS!!!

Comment

so its like one big lan.

Comment

yea...but in an arcade...i just can't wait to hear about people getting pissed off and getting into fights with people they don't even know.

Comment

The map almost reminds me of as_oilrig.

Comment

dont mess with oilrig

Comment

Heh, sweet.

Comment

wouldnt it just be easier to make it an official cs mod and charge people 20$ for it? with the better graphics we could call it CS:Neo Mod, people would but it.

Comment

hmmm keyboards, mice, isn't this just a computer. its just a lan party not an arcade unless those crazy japanese have a different version of an arcade...

Comment

i wish i could play it!!!

Comment

I bet it has like two maps: dust and assault

Comment

i would like you all to stop being so cynical. its a cool thing for japan, a little CS lan in an arcade. if we had this in the states you all would bring your friends to go and play in the lag-free environment with minimal tampering. i know i'd go and play it, it seems like fun.

Comment

Hmm if I remember correctly everyopne pretty much said there was no way in hell it would have a PC type interface. Looks like thems crazy short people from that tiny island actually did it.

Comment

Edited by [user="2836"] @ [time="1051932970"]

<-- Hajime (I'm Half Japanese): But I can't fully translate it because Im not full japanese and plus Im not fully fluent and come from Japan.. But I do understand basic japanese quite well (mom talks in jap to me), and I read through it, it seems to go through in detail of the use of same features that CSN had posted a week or two ago, plus of coarse the main features, multiplayer, 2 teams, and all of that etc and lastly the Ledzone LANs that seem to be quite s3xy . Other than that, I can't get into more detail due to the complexities of the the advanced hiragana & kanji (2 japanese alphabets) thats used throughout the article.

Comment

I think it looks pretty cool.. the closest LAN center is about 45 minutes away from me (LANFerno), however, the closest arcade is 15 minutes. Lag free CS 30 minutes closer, I like that idea..

Comment

Working...
                              X