This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS's Half-Birthday!

I can’t believe it’s been six months, for on Friday June 18th, 1999 Counter-Strike beta 1 was released.

Exactly 6 months ago today a mod that now has changed the scene of gaming and what we expect from mods from now on. Exactly 6 months ago today come along something we as a community can behold as our own, and be proud, for we made the Counter-Strike community. Exactly 6 months ago today it all started.

For people like me, who have been following the mod for months, for those who just happened to find the news on Planet Half-Life or any other gaming news site, and for those who have recently joined the CS community, for them I’d like to say: great work Cliffe and Gooseman, anyone who is part of the CS community would agree that it has changed what they can and forever will expect of mods; Quality.

Okay, I guess I’m not too good with this corny stuff, but yay! Six months and the team is still kickin’ out those betas, let us all be grateful... and kick some terrorist/counter-terrorist ass! In case you're wondering you can pick up beta 1 here, put you computer clock back to early July, and rename your current CS dir, r0x0r!

Oh and the CS site archives do say Saturday the 19th, but it’s wrong :P.
Working...
X