Battlefield 3 News on the Interwebs 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 News on the Interwebs 2

Once again weekend news of Battlefield 3 is all over the place. As many of you know it seems console players have figured out how to play well ahead of schedule and videos are being posted up all over youtube.

Here is one such video showing the camo unlocks:

You can also find videos of single player missions and multiplayer in our BF3 Media section.

Planet Battlefield posted up the manuals for Battlefield 3. They tell you the default controls for each version of the game. You can check those out here.

The server manual for Battlefield 3 has also been released. Good news for server admins wanting to get a jump on setting up all the features of their server. You can download those here. Thanks, Scinto, for posting that up.

That's about it for weekend news. Remember to update your video drivers one final time before release and clean up your system so it's ready for Battlefield 3.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Battlefield 3 News on the Interwebs 2

The spec ops black could get messy since there doesn't appear to be a US/Rus variation.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

So how do I set up a LAN server? Or even an unranked server?

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        So how do I set up a LAN server? Or even an unranked server?
        There is no LAN.

Unranked isn't supported yet, when it's available you would have to rent an unranked server just like BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          There is no LAN.

Unranked isn't supported yet, when it's available you would have to rent an unranked server just like BF2.
          What? In BF2 I would just run a server by choosing a map and then hitting "start" and then other people can join.

Are you saying there is no way for me to set up a server at my house for a few folks to mess around in? I though this wasn't a port.

Comment

What? In BF2 I would just run a server by choosing a map and then hitting "start" and then other people can join.

Are you saying there is no way for me to set up a server at my house for a few folks to mess around in? I though this wasn't a port.
            Welcome to a few months ago
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Aw snap. And yeah haven't been keeping up. just moved. If its made for PC why take out the cool parts that gave it replay value - LAN matches. Not only that if you have a spare comp capable of playing bf3, its nice to just let the person walk around an empty map of their choosing. So is it a development issue that has some technical issues overcoming (Battlelog), or is it just laziness?

Comment

Aw snap. And yeah haven't been keeping up. just moved. If its made for PC why take out the cool parts that gave it replay value - LAN matches. Not only that if you have a spare comp capable of playing bf3, its nice to just let the person walk around an empty map of their choosing. So is it a development issue that has some technical issues overcoming (Battlelog), or is it just laziness?
                Most major games these days are doing away with LAN support (D3, SC2, etc) This allows the publisher greater control of how their games are played. In addition, for BF3 atleast, it strengthens the power and incentive for GSPs to partner with Activision.

Comment

I can already see Black being incredibly annoying in game, good thing there are no night maps that I know of but black camo in the subway tunnels and you mas-as-well be invisible.
                  PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                  Steam: Stryker
                  Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                  Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Sometimes I wonder why I post news.

Comment

Isn´t that the purpose of camuflage, to blend in with the surroundings.Isn´t it the same as with white camo on snow maps and sand camo on desert maps??It would be utterly stupid to run around with your snow camo. in a night-OP, wouldn´t it?Basically it is the same with the selection of weapons. You propably will not be sniping much in Metro.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Sometimes I wonder why I post news.
                        Because you love the attention of others.

Comment

There is at least one night map that I know of.

Also from my understanding is that all of the ones that are playing MP early on consoles will have their stats wiped once the game does get released. They have already wiped the stats once so far.

Comment

Dice are being Mean!!.. Sitting looking at my Gamepanel at 3 BF3 Servers waiting to Start :*(

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                            There is at least one night map that I know of.
                            Tehran Highway

From the concept art of the back to karkand maps, Wake & Sharqi look dark ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                              Because you love the attention of others.
                              HAHA, thats right! I forgot Im an attention whore.

Thanks Scinto. +rep to you to give me attention :wee:

Comment

Working...
                              X