Squad Formation Confirmed In-Game for Battlefield 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Formation Confirmed In-Game for Battlefield 3

Anarchy1 was the first to post up that news was coming about the squad formations actually being in game and not just Battlelog. Stilla-Killa also posted this information with more detail:

Since the Open BETA we’ve added more advanced functionality to manage your squad. You will be able to browse and join specific squads through the squad screen. You can see all players that are in a specific squad as well as who’s playing as lone wolf. As a squad leader you can set your squad to private as well as kick players from the squad.

On console you will also be able to choose if you want the active VoIP channel to be team or squad and invite friends to your squad. You will also be able to mute any player on your team through the scoreboard.

It has also been mentioned by a number of different developers, including Zh1nt0 and Demize99 on twitter, that the beta is a number of versions behind the release. How many and how much has changed is not known, but it is clear by reading the tweet feeds that many of the bugs reported are already fixed.

Of course even though this is good news and we all like to hear these problems are resolved, we do not know what has been fixed and what is still broke. With that said, it would be a good idea to continue posting found bugs and glitches on the Battlelog site just to be sure DICE will be aware of the issue.

SOURCE: BATTLELOG
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Squad Formation Confirmed In-Game for Battlefield 3

No have the options accessible outside of a map and we will be a little more happy. My friend got kick from a server over the weekend by an "admin" because he was hiding in a corner and setting his graphics and controls.

Comment

well that is good to hear, its good to know that Dice hears the community.

Comment

those are great news!!

I would say that we just need the spwn beacon to be given to the squad leader, and a little more work on the "who do I spwn with" topic and we should be done with squad problems.

Comment

Will the game actually have an interface? I'm a bit new to BF3 and I refuse to preorder if it's all browser based.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            Will the game actually have an interface? I'm a bit new to BF3 and I refuse to preorder if it's all browser based.
            You will have to be a bit more specific than that.
            An interface for doing what?

Comment

Yeah, Vreki is correct in what do you mean? The game currently has about four different interfaces for different things.

If you mean a "before game starts" in the beta, no. There has been some tweets I overread somewhere about there being the option to edit your stuff before loading. Dont quite recall where I read that, so I wouldnt believe me yet.

Crunch

Comment

I've read that they were thinking about adding a menu, but I don't think there is any real basis to that.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  You will have to be a bit more specific than that.
                  An interface for doing what?
                  How do I open the "game", configure my video settings, and then start a server to run around by myself? Maybe open a port and get a friend to join. Try out my controls and such.

Comment

How do I open the "game", configure my video settings, and then start a server to run around by myself? Maybe open a port and get a friend to join. Try out my controls and such.
                    So far you can only configure video settings etc. while actually playing the game. Stupid, but it only has to be done once, so...

As for the other part, it is not possible to run your own server, you will have to find an empty one to practice in. Just like in BC2.

Comment

Oh OK. I thought it was a PC game. I'll probably check it out though.

Comment

Oh OK. I thought it was a PC game. I'll probably check it out though.
                        So if you cant run your own server, its not a pc game? I guess with mod tools, its also not a pc game? Same with lan support?

MW3 will have server files and lan support (no mention of mod tools) so it must be the game youve been waiting for?

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                        X