Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Kotick Denied Access to Play Battlefield 3

From computersandvideogames.com:

A senior informant has told CVG of how they witnessed Kotick's PA discuss Bobby's chances of a hands-on trial of the military FPS with EA reps on the door of the publisher's non-public presentation.

Our deepthroat tells us that the female assistant hopped to the front of the EA queue on Wednesday morning (08/06/11). The DICE-developed military title is only being shown behind closed doors in Los Angeles - and not on console.

Her request was reportedly stewed over for a minute in private, until an EA rep re-emerged on the public show floor. He then explained that senior management had been consulted about the Activision chief's request, but that "it would not be possible".

Kotick's company is showing off BF3 competitor Modern Warfare 3 at E3 - a presentation which is also invite-only.

We're told by our witness that Kotick's PA put up a small conversational fight before walking away. She did not look in a good mood. Our observer asked an EA rep on the door for clarification of what he thought he'd seen immediately afterwards, and the events were corroborated.

Seriously, though. Beyond amazing.

EA's Battlefield 3 will be released on 360, PS3 and PC on October 25 in the US and three days later in Europe.

Activision's Modern Warfare 3 will hit the same formats on November 8 worldwide.

So they wouldn't let Kotick try out Battlefield 3. You think that was a good move to keep secrets secure or could this be a publicity stunt that never happened? Should EA have let Kotick play showing they have nothing to fear or is it better to keep things under wraps from the competition?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Seriously, what did he expect? There's no way in HELL I'd let a rival in on my ****

Comment

yeh I read it earlier and LOLLED

Comment

Considering he doesn't even give a crap about video games and would just be in it so steal stuff, EA would have been stupid to have let him. He could have just sent a mole in anyway.

Comment

They just dont want to be accused of murder, he would get a heart attack when he tries it and sees how much better it is than MW3

Comment

Re: Bobby Kotick Denied Access to Play Battlefield 3

If the self-important son-of-unmarried parents were truly interested, he could have arranged it with EA in advance so that they got to try each others games.

Instead of sending his secretary to jump the line for him.

Comment

Activision is scared of BF3

Comment

And they're both scared of Barbie MMO. :P
                "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

I heard that a bunch of people who were wearing Activision shirts or shirts advertising Activision games were turned away.
                  Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

They know that BF3 is going be the game of the year, its inevitable. Hell BF3 should just be the GOTY based on graphics they have managed to pump out of the current gen consoles, no game even comes close to it! COD ain't got **** on BF it never has! They made the right choice in not letting the COD lechers see there stuff IMO! chances are they did send in moles though. I just hope all the COD fan boys don't hop on over to BF cause there not wanted! Stay with your 'oh, so realistic game' dominions! BF3 & DICE FTW!

- Anton

Comment

Its funny, on one of the MP demo videos, there was a guy from respawn entertainment, which is partially made of Ex- IW employees.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        Its funny, on one of the MP demo videos, there was a guy from respawn entertainment, which is partially made of Ex- IW employees.
                        I noticed that too, and at first I didn't understand, but then I remembered that Respawn is under EA, so Respawn and DICE aren't direct competitors and they would easily be let in.
                        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Ah poor BOBBY!

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                            I noticed that too, and at first I didn't understand, but then I remembered that Respawn is under EA, so Respawn and DICE aren't direct competitors and they would easily be let in.
                            Yea I also noticed this an read into it, apparently respawn are a new division in EA that are starting a fresh, apparently most of the guys that make up respawn currently are an ex division of activision that worked on COD before they split... duno the full story but yea I think they can be trusted hopefully they will use the frostbite engine to develop there games. Wont be long before every one is using frostbite

BF3 FTW!

- Anton

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X