G4TV Interviews DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4TV Interviews DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach

<embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/51534" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true">

Aside from Adam Sessler being very happy to see Patrick Bach, the interview was pretty good. Nothing too new as far as the game itself, but some background information and what is being focused on. Anything else catch some attention?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: G4TV Interviews DICE Executive Producer Patrick Bach

Nice interview. I found it funny how he said that people were more concerned with having a good singleplayer, so that's why they showed it off first :laugh: Still, I am glad to see that they seem to be taking both aspects seriously.

Comment

Where is getting this idea that Battlefield fans want single player? :shakehead:

Comment

where is getting this idea that ALL battlefield fans are against singleplayer?

I think we are all forgetting that there is no one battlefield dream. We all have different aspirations and wants for it. But we need to stop generalising, and thinking our opinions match everyone elses. Hell, Im only 16 and from going on the internet for the last 3 years I have learned that, no. They are Never matching your opinions.

Btw, dronetek. I do not mean any offence by the start of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrooper
          Nice interview. I found it funny how he said that people were more concerned with having a good singleplayer, so that's why they showed it off first :laugh: Still, I am glad to see that they seem to be taking both aspects seriously.
          Originally posted by Dronetek
          Where is getting this idea that Battlefield fans want single player? :shakehead:
          You don't have to be so daft. You guys who don't want single player are the MOST CONCERNED about single player. It's all some of you can talk about on forums. They're showing the material from SP first, as he explicitly stated in the interview (which I assume Dronetek didn't even actually watch) because so many people are concerned or just griping about it.

Frankly, it's not a big deal to me at all.

Comment

I really doubt they even HAVE a playable multiplayer at the moment....seriously, all this freaking out when the game is still so early in its development. I've moved on to a "just wait and see" attitude a few singleplayer videos tell us nothing about the game....no use trying to interpret anything from them....

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
              You don't have to be so daft. You guys who don't want single player are the MOST CONCERNED about single player. It's all some of you can talk about on forums. They're showing the material from SP first, as he explicitly stated in the interview (which I assume Dronetek didn't even actually watch) because so many people are concerned or just griping about it.

Frankly, it's not a big deal to me at all.
              I guess I did come off a bit harshly, I was just surmising what seems to be the general feeling of the community. I love great singleplayer games, and have often found myself playing SP mods like AIX more than the core game (BF2). I even played through the BC2 campaign multiple times. I am really excited that the SP is looking good. As a rule of thumb I play single player first, and then MP. But I can see how you would get that from my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrooper
                I guess I did come off a bit harshly, I was just surmising what seems to be the general feeling of the community. I love great singleplayer games, and have often found myself playing SP mods like AIX more than the core game (BF2). I even played through the BC2 campaign multiple times. I am really excited that the SP is looking good. As a rule of thumb I play single player first, and then MP. But I can see how you would get that from my post.
                It was more from the next guy than you. :wee:

They have a huge number of people working on BF3 compared with BF2 or even BC2. I'm sure that the MP will turn out just fine in terms of quality even if it isn't the gameplay everyone is looking for. It just takes time to develop and get a playable MP running.

:awes

Comment

Working...
                X