Battlefield 3 is the "Best Looking PC Game in the World"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 is the "Best Looking PC Game in the World"

Sucks to be all you guys obsessed with jets and BF2. You'll never get what you want and will never be satisfied with a game ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Thats in the multiplayer, which they havent covered at all.

Crunch
      This is precisely the problem. We play BF games for the MP, not the SP. The fact they're so focused on SP means they've strayed from what made BF unique in the first place.

Comment

I dunno, the destruction on BC2 isn't that good looking. I mean it's not very realistic. Sure, you can blow a hole in a wall with a rocket launcher, but just how the walls of each building are split up. It just seems weird. I wish they could make it more realistic.

Also, come to think of it, grenade launchers probably shouldn't do as much damage to walls as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eglaerinion
          WASD!!!! :thumbsup:

butterfly keys.................WINZ!!!

Originally posted by Vreki
          I too am getting a little worried that they spend so much time highlighting SP, which should be little more than an afterthought.
          It not that I hate SP, but I can get that from a ton of other shooters. MP is what makes BF different.
          multiplayer might make battlefield the game it is but single player sells console titles..............don't forget EA's main goal for DICE's is to knock off COD, console elements will be very prevalent, there's just no way around it but I have total faith that the multiplayer will deliver just from what we've seen of the engine.

I have a feeling balance might take a few patches like it did with BF2 but it will still deliver countless hours of entertainment regardless.

Comment

Some of you dudes are so impatient haha. Seriously chill out and enjoy how good this looks... this is probably the best looking PC game I'm ever seen.

Comment

It is a beautiful, beautiful thing....

So, YES! I WOULD PAY for a "Map Pack" with Mashturr City, Operation Harvest and Operation Roadrage.

:nod:

Comment

Wow, complaining about no MP footage? The game won't be out for ~7 or 8 months, and the single player is still in pre-alpha. Single player is always ahead of MP during development, so that probably means MP is barely in a playable state right now, so you won't see MP for some time. You probably won't see a MP gameplay video for another month or two, and there won't be any large amount of MP videos coming out for 4-6 months. That is right on par with normal games.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                  Wow, complaining about no MP footage? The game won't be out for ~7 or 8 months, and the single player is still in pre-alpha. Single player is always ahead of MP during development, so that probably means MP is barely in a playable state right now, so you won't see MP for some time. You probably won't see a MP gameplay video for another month or two, and there won't be any large amount of MP videos coming out for 4-6 months. That is right on par with normal games.
                  And you really think that's because of the developmental track of games instead of marketing?

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                    And you really think that's because of the developmental track of games instead of marketing?
                    Yeah. MP is almost always the key component of the game and it takes a lot of work to have it fully working and into a showable form.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                      Yeah. MP is almost always the key component of the game and it takes a lot of work to have it fully working and into a showable form.
                      This. There's a lot that goes into getting the MP portion of any game up and running, from my understanding. It's why you always see MP games being much more buggy at release than SP games usually are.

Comment

This looks epic! I try to look at the SP part and vision what the MP will look like. MP will have many aspects of SP in it bc it's the same game just people vs. other people. I picture that Iraqi map more open with a tank and a helicopter online. There definitely showing sp in order to grab all the cod players to BF3.

On the COD note, it was once a great game (COD1) and now it's blah, it's like Madden they should just add the year at the end because they release another one every year with slightly better graphics and a new roster. COD 2011 =p

Comment

BF is MP!!only

Wonder when they will apeal to the PC community like they said they were going to do,So far i see pretty but id rather have good gameplay over graphics.

They are out to impress the console cod ers with this footage because it nothing a BF fan has seen before, Pc will prob get a wollie pop and told "their their" on release.

BF4 console only?

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                            BF is MP!!only
                            Not anymore!!!!

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I HATE quick time events in games. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                                I HATE quick time events in games. :dead:
                                And they hate you. :awes

Comment

Working...
                                X