Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Website for Modern Warfare 3 Revealed

Tuner111 posted up this recording of the website http://findmakarov.com :

Its a countdown timer. I added the recording Tuner provided because the website seems to be jammed.

To help provide a little more information is this article from rockpapershotgun.com:

Surprise! I’ve just broken into your house and stolen all your milk. No, that’s not the real surprise. The real surprise is that there’s going to be another Call of Duty game this year. No, that’s not a surprise either. The real surprise is that it sounds like we might see a bit of said game at GDC next week. At least, that’s according to a new web intersite called FindMakarov. Makarov is, you may recall, one of the baddies in Modern Warfare 2, as well as That Guy, Him and Wossiface.

This is all according to That Videogame Blog, which is claiming to have received some fake blood-smeared dogtags from Activision with the URL in question stamped on them. Haven’t heard of anyone else coming out of the woodwork as having these tags as yet, plus there’s no mention of Activision or any of their studios on the page source or via a domain lookup. – let’s go with it for now though. It seems real enough.

On the mystery site is an incredibly annoying, repetitive noise, and a timer suggesting something’s going to happen in just under 5 days. Why, that’s just next week!

Hopefully it’ll be online as well as on show at GDC, so we can all join in. So will this be Infinity Ward again, or at least what’s left of them, or the new ‘Beachead’ studio Activision has set up specifically to handle future Call of Duty projects? MYSTERIES.

Source

So this could be the next steps to showing a trailer for Modern Warfare 3. I say "could be" though because in a few different forums it is being posted that this site is a fake. So I guess when the timer goes down, we will know for sure.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Possible Website for Modern Warfare 3 Revealed

Please don't even bother releasing it on PC if it's still with that old modified Q3 engine.

One of the "leaders" in FPS gaming shouldn't be using that old of an engine.

Comment

milk that cash cow,love my call of duty and that but THIS HAS TO STOP:shakehead:

Comment

Activision says the site is a hoax:

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0

http://us.kotaku.com/#!5770833/no-mo...site-is-a-hoax
          There's still going to be another one.

"There seems to be a great deal of speculation about the next Call of Duty project. Let me be clear that we are not revealing yet," a spokesperson told Kotaku. "Anything indicating otherwise is a hoax."

Comment

I know, but the site is still unrelated.

Comment

Yeah, obviously a fake. The animation is unprofessional and laggy, and it would have the Activision logo or trademark at the bottom.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

http://us.kotaku.com/#!5770833/no-mo...site-is-a-hoax
                http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/modern-warfare-3/ :evil:

Comment

Acti lying. That site has to be legit, It has official characters from the game. They just let EA go after they pulled the Duty Calls thing, so their going to try and sabbotage the launch of BF3.

And since it does contain official characters from the game if it was a hoax, Acti legal would of already raped the site and its owner.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                    Acti lying. That site has to be legit, It has official characters from the game. They just let EA go after they pulled the Duty Calls thing, so their going to try and sabbotage the launch of BF3.
                    Haha! Gaming drama

And I don't care if they add the ability to tame a wild unicorn and be able to ride it on a rainbow drinking from a goblet filled with the laughter of children. I still ain't buyin'!

Comment

Dammit people, Im not saying there is no MW3, im saying that according to kotaku that site is a hoax! /rant

Comment

dont give a **** about mw3. gonna be another **** using the exact same engine for 60 euros.all they want is money

Comment

Dammit people, Im not saying there is no MW3, im saying that according to kotaku that site is a hoax! /rant
                          Dammit! Thats right!

NOW the latest rumor is that the site is from EA for BF3 and ending the war means the FPS war. They are saying that is why there are no trademark or logos from Activision.

The site seems to be offline now though, so who knows what the deal was. Maybe we will know something March 2nd, which was when the countdown was to end.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The website is back and its different:

Now has what looks like a Radar with countdown.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X