Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 3 Will be Game of the Year, says EA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 Will be Game of the Year, says EA.

Surely not, Baldur's Gate 1&2 were one of their best work. Mass Effect 1 has many flaws but some potential but the sequel degenerated into an ok shooter and Dragon Age don't even hold a candle compared to Baldur's Gate, it's not by adding gore and sex that your game suddenly become mature.

Comment

One thing is 4 sure, this EA game is going to be critcial to PC and if they mess it up i can see a mass exodus of PC fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
        Surely not, Baldur's Gate 1&2 were one of their best work. Mass Effect 1 has many flaws but some potential but the sequel degenerated into an ok shooter and Dragon Age don't even hold a candle compared to Baldur's Gate, it's not by adding gore and sex that your game suddenly become mature.
        Still its hardly the "fall" of bioware is it?

Comment

It's the beginning of the fall, Dragon Age 2 is even more focused on action now with only 3 classes and you're stuck with Hawke, with I'm sure an even more manichean story. What will be Dragon Age 3?

Of course I only talk about the quality of their works, not in term of sales.

Comment

Too much like BC2? Really? Bad company 2 is awesome, and if they can take that and make it bigger and better then I'm in. Can't wait to see some game play footage.

Comment

MW2 got several Game of The Year awards, the title is meaningless.

Comment

Well, to them "too much like BC2" means 4 classes (when their favorite BF game is 2142), no commander, and most hilariously, large maps. They claim that the maps in BC2 are too large, and that the need to be smaller (guess they really hated Heavy Metal and Harvest Day) XD. S

Vreki has a good point, GOTY is pretty worthless anyways, since about half of the most hyped/ popular games win.

Comment

I dont think BF is there type of game then lol

Comment

Aren't there almost as many people playing BF2 on pc than BC2?

Comment

Game of the year....who gives a crap? Most GOTY's are terrible piece of garbage the people like G4TV blab about...and what the hell do they know about games? Meaningless title.

EA CEO should've said..."This is going to be the most flashy and craptastic FPS clone made this year. Every A.D.D diagnosed 14 year old kid is going to love it, and their parents will dish out $60 for it, without question....then $20 for a "DLC" with hardly any extra content. In fact, this whole game is just a big, $60 DLC for BC2"

Who's kidding who. I'm going to dish out the cash to buy it; unauthentic, overpowered weapons, cliche storyline, same old FPS clone style gameplay and all.

Comment

Might be a little wishful thinking to expect it out this year. I already have it preordered so I'm hoping it does.

Comment

64p is nothing if it is a console port. Lets hope they finally handed us back the torch this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                            64p is nothing if it is a console port. Lets hope they finally handed us back the torch this time.
                            They said PC is the lead platform for this game (PS3 was the lead platform for BC), so it shouldn't be a port. But it may feel like a port, as they do have to design the game to fit on consoles as well.
                            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I think much of the reason they are stopping other projects and putting more people on this is so that it doesn't feel like a port anywhere you play it.

Comment

becuase there is no other game up against it ea owns all the game companys

i played bf2 and sort of survived then got onto bf 2142 and it is great then only to discover that the northern strike booster pack was not released in australia on disk no we have it for free plus new maps
                                i got moh and bfbc and they both sucked and cant even give them away
                                becuase of the unique registration thanx a lot
                                black ops the ranking bomb that didnt last
                                then we have to suffer yet another vietnam and now bf3 with the same old type of building senarios with soldiers jumping about like cockroaches boring vehicles please give us a break http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/inde...ply&t=1618249#

i hope dice bring a bf2162

Comment

Working...
                                X