More Patches for Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Patches for Black Ops

Looks like Treyarch are releasing some much needed fixes. On pcdev's twitter he just posted about a patch to fix the rank up server issues:
    We deployed a server patch to address rankup exploits and some other cheating. Ranked servers have been restarted.

They are also working on getting the next client side patch out before this weekend:

Trying to roll out another patch before the weekend. CPU optimizations and Zombie matchmaking fix included. QA starts in the AM. Stay tuned.

Looks like everything keeps moving forward and in a speedy manner.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: More Patches for Black Ops

I saw that Twitter update about the optimizations and zombie fixes, hope it makes it before the weekend. I was still able after numerous tries able to play with 3 other random people online, but it took forever. Hope to get that fixed soon as it is a blast as always!

Comment

Zombie fix before the weekend, woot! Sucks when you can play Zombies with someone in Euroland and not locally in the US.

EDIT: It seems like any server not reset after the server side patch is badly lagging and stuttering now.

Comment

I know! I played with 2 Belgiums last Saturday night! Had a great time playing with 4 people on zombies though, sooo much more fun!

Comment

i would also like it in the MP server browser to limit servers showing up to your region/country. i don't need gazillion servers listed in the browser that have over 200-300 ping when just showing US servers will do. that's one good thing from BC2's browser that i miss.

besides the browser is pretty annoying as it won't let you connect easily, especially as they make you wait a while for servers to load on the list.

Comment

Stupid ?, but do they plan on fixing ANY of the issues with the Wii version.
            My son hasnt been able to play more than 20-30 mins at a time, without sometime of connection issues. It's neither my router, nor my connection.
            After reading the games' forums this seems to be a game-wide issue, not just by platform.
            Sad to say, but currently its a $50 single-player.

Comment

Yeah...joining a server can be annoying. I'm hitting enter, double clicking the server, hitting their join button, right clicking and selecting join...it shouldn't taken that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Stupid ?, but do they plan on fixing ANY of the issues with the Wii version.
                My son hasnt been able to play more than 20-30 mins at a time, without sometime of connection issues. It's neither my router, nor my connection.
                After reading the games' forums this seems to be a game-wide issue, not just by platform.
                Sad to say, but currently its a $50 single-player.
                Nintendo doesn't allow patches of the executable on the Wii as far as I know. So you're pretty much screwed unless it's a server thing that they eventually fix.

Comment

how is it on the wii? i'm curious to how toned down the graphics are.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    how is it on the wii? i'm curious to how toned down the graphics are.
                    Eww.
                    Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Wii gameplay video (mostly German) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8H9o...eature=related

Comment

Anyone notice in Multi-Player that you don't hear other player footsteps, just your own. Shouldn't you hear something?

Comment

Originally posted by ExitChicago
                        Anyone notice in Multi-Player that you don't hear other player footsteps, just your own. Shouldn't you hear something?
                        I hear enemy footsteps...

And some news on the PC patch:
                        Originally posted by pcdev
                        We are on track so far to release MP patch sometime tomorrow and SP patch the following day, pending good test results.
                        SOURCE

Comment

Any hour now, PCDev is saying they are finishing testing and should be out soon.

Originally posted by @pcdev
                          Several hours of testing to go before MP patch can be approved. Still morning on West Coast US.
                          On a note, only 14min in the AM left here in PST aka West Coast US. Only damn reason I haven't played yet today.

Comment

Still laggy for me, some players warp all over the place.

Comment

Not sure if the above link should be clicked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X