GT Preview of Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Preview of Black Ops

RangerXML brought us this GT footage of Call of Duty:Black Ops.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=705751"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=705751" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

They are showing a lot of the game. You think they are showing the very best or just the start?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: GT Preview of Black Ops

I'm very looking forward to this game, not gonna lie. The fact that their WHOLE studio is dedicated to this is one of the points that helps me know this game is going to be great also! Zombies, wager matches, reg mp, a great sp (as every CoD has)...I smell win!

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree that this may be Treyarchs biggest hit yet and the game is still on track to beat out MW2 sales. Its still early and we are just starting to see information really come in now.

Crunch

Comment

It just hit me that this game is about 3 weeks away.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yeah, its coming up fast. Treyarch is ramping up the media now.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah, the guy I work with was like, they haven't shown much yet about the game...next day is when this media blitz started lol! I know this game definitely has a chance to sell more than MW2 b/c one, more PC users will be willing to buy this CoD, and two, zombies are insanely popular, so that adds extra sales also!

Comment

I read an article some where that said that although the pre-order sales will surpass MW2, actual sales will not. Let me try to find it.

EDIT: Actually, it was just some guy speculating. Here is the link: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...1276&mode=news . I think it very well could outsell MW2. This game will definitely sell more PC versions. But I've been reading on other forums a lot of console gamers not buying it because it is Treyarch (WaW sucked on the console, although the zombies was very popular). And although it is still very popular, a lot of them were annoyed by MW2 (or more likely IW's antics) as PC gamers were.

Comment

WaW probably "sucked" on consoles due to console controller limitations with single shot/bolt action weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                  WaW probably "sucked" on consoles due to console controller limitations with single shot/bolt action weapons.
                  lol

Consoles didn't have the gore for WaW either, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                    Yeah, controller limitations was a big thing.

And I think one of the reasons I liked WaW so much was because it had the free map packs. It kept the game fresh. On the console you had to pay for each one. And servers could edit a bunch of the settings, such as removing specific kill streaks or perks. You are stuck with the default game for console.

Whatever the reason, all I know is that many console gamers didn't like it, and when I played in on the 360, there wasn't that many people online and I couldn't stand playing it.

Comment

got my money

Comment

I'm glad to see some more AI tweaking. I was already excited when I heard ghillie suit snipers and juggernauts were in MW2 and this is will probably top that. I wonder if there will be some bunny hopping enemies? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by bradino27
                          I'm glad to see some more AI tweaking. I was already excited when I heard ghillie suit snipers and juggernauts were in MW2 and this is will probably top that. I wonder if there will be some bunny hopping enemies? :laugh:

lol theres always bunny hoppers

Comment

Originally posted by ^Garf*uk*
                            lol theres always bunny hoppers
                            I was talking about bunny hopping AI, not real people.

Comment

Working...
                            X