Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies Sightings Keep Popping Up for Black Ops

From mtv.com:

Retailers seem to know a lot more about zombie features in "Call of Duty: Black Ops" than Treyarch does. Not only did Best Buy initially list "Four Zombie Map Packs" for the Hardened Edition of the game that Activision didn't include when the special editions were announced; now, online retail entries and the press release for a new strategy guide seem assured that the dead will rise again for the new title.

"Co-Op and Nazi Zombie Coverage" are both included in BradyGames' handbook for "Black Ops," according to GameStop.com and Play-Asia.com (via Eurogamer).

The lifeless beings show up again in BradyGames' own announcement.

"Whether it's a complete walkthrough to the gritty Cold War-era Campaign mode, tips and tricks to rank up in Multiplayer, how to excel in Co-Op, or fight back the relentless Nazi Zombie horde, BradyGames’ guides are set to be an essential companion for Call of Duty fans, and will be released day and date alongside the blockbusting Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC game on Tuesday, 9th November 2010," the press release said.

So basically, if zombies don't show up in "Black Ops" BradyGames wasted some time researching and writing out strategies for combating the creatures. One would hope they wouldn't have gone through all of that trouble if Treyarch didn't end up tossing in a horde or two for the game. The studio didn't "confirm or deny" such plans when asked, but you have wonder how long they plan on waiting before confirmation occurs.
    So what are your thoughts on the zombie rumors? Is this just a way for retailers to make more sales and are wrong or is Treyarch just keeping quiet while information is inadvertently being leaked out? Would you like to see zombies again in this CoD?

UPDATE: With links and tweets Anarchy and JoMamaz provided, it looks like there will be zombie mode in Black Ops. Instead of Nazi zombies it will be probably more cold war era style like capitalist and communist zombies. So is it zombie greed that will prevail or will zombie uniformity win the cold war?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Zombies Sightings Keep Popping Up for Black Ops

Treyarch already confirmed Zombies. Why do people still think they are rumors?
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Sauce?

Comment

I've heard Olin in a couple of different interviews, don't have the links, pretty much confirm zombies, but without the link, I'll leave the pretty much. Plus, we have the 4 zombies maps coming back...

Also, NAZI zombies will not exist from one interview I saw Olin in, which makes sense since this is no longer a WWII game. I'm not sure what type of zombies we'll see...alien zombies? lol

But, Activision likes to make money, the DLC for Nazi Zombies soooooold like hooooot cakes!!! Treyarch had fun making the mode, their fans had fun, Activision had fun lol! They would be idiotic not to have them, but Nazi Zombies would get old, they need something newish with the same fun and flavor which we should find out soon. The 'confirmation' news will definitely drive up pre-order sales for those who have not done so yet.

My $0.02

Comment

Yeah, lots of interviews but I havent seen anything that said yes either. Everything I have read has either been no comment or cant confirm.

But direct sources stating one way or the other would be helpful.

Crunch

Comment

Pop over to the GKNOVA6 website and well......................see for yourself

Comment

Well, from Olin's twitter page:

@JD_2020 Are you Alowed to talk about the four bonus CO-OP nazi zombie maps engine wise?? please respond =)

@Broskees What do you mean exactly? They will be the 4 levels from #CoDWaW, running in #CODBlackOps.
              If that doesn't already confirm it...here is the official announcement tweet

All 4 existing #CoDWaW Zombies maps will be included in Hardened & Prestige editions of #CODBlackOps as callback co-op levels!
              I don't see where the confusion is. It isn't even ambiguous.

Comment

It would've been smart for them to leave it as rumors, it would bring more attention to the game.

Though I'm still not buying it from what I've read.

Comment

Only good things can become of this. Zombies or not, this will be a game I get day 1. Zombies is just more icing.

Comment

Also, don't forget the last 'transmission' that was made from the last CoD:WaW Zombie map pack that spoke of what would happen next. People thought it was for MW2, but that didn't happen. People thought Area 51 and that it was for MW2, but an Area 51 site would make sense for CoD:BO also.

AND, the video was posted above, but once again, check the link...ZOMBIES!!!

I definitely want to get some of you guys on Steam friends once this game is released for some awesome zombie action! Whiskey and I used to stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning on a Friday (technically a Saturday morning). Wooooot!

Comment

Thanks Jo and Anarchy for providing the information. I dont see how I could have missed all that. I must have been doing something else at the time. That would have been great news to post up, oh well, maybe next time.

Crunch

Comment

I think the game will start out with 1 zombie map with the old 4 and then add on more through mappacks again.

Also on the video, keep watching the top center right screen. It looks like some civilian and military zombies. (zombies with ties)
                        Originally posted by JoMaMaz
                        but an Area 51 site would make sense for CoD:BO also.
                        From the video it looks like zombies trying to break into a bunker or some other kind of armored building so that could still be a big possibility.
                        Originally posted by JoMaMaz
                        I definitely want to get some of you guys on Steam friends once this game is released for some awesome zombie action! !
                        I might have to do that because very few people in my clan are getting the game. :cry:

Comment

Added an update blurb.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            Thanks Jo and Anarchy for providing the information. I dont see how I could have missed all that. I must have been doing something else at the time. That would have been great news to post up, oh well, maybe next time.

Crunch
                            Strange. You actually posted the second tweet: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...=1#post2768106

Originally posted by bradino27
                            I think the game will start out with 1 zombie map with the old 4 and then add on more through mappacks again.
                            What the speculation should really be about here is whether PC gets the 4 WaW zombie maps. They said that you get them with the hardened or prestige edition of the game, but there is neither for the PC version. Hopefully we get them included and don't have to pay for them desperately/miss out on them. Regarding default maps, I think they should start with two or three. They only started with one in WaW because they were going to test its success before making more. With Black Ops, they've had months to work on it, and they know it is successful, so hopefully we see more shipped with the game.

Comment

i think having all that great stuff is going to make it very good. great campaign, great normal multiplayer, multiplayer coop, multiplayer zombies coop , will make u never get tired

Comment

Working...
                              X