Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.51 Public Beta for BF 2142 Tomorrow

Originally posted by old sch00l
    My key was lost in the internet; anyone remember my turrets? lol, or my name . Damn hate forgetting\loosing a good toon.
    You might be able to retrieve your CD-Key by going to EA support and logging in with your ea.com username and password, my cd-key is saved there and I use the disc based version.

One nice thing is they removed the disc check protection, just like BF2.

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
    ouch, not even 50 people playing this beta on a Saturday afternoon. i wonder how their stress test is going.....lolz
    I wouldn't even know about it if I hadn't checked in here, none of the major gaming news sites have a post about it and they should have the file up on several mirrors not just one place. The torrent link thankfully made it a quick download.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
      snip...snip...I wouldn't even know about it if I hadn't checked in here, none of the major gaming news sites have a post about it and they should have the file up on several mirrors not just one place. The torrent link thankfully made it a quick download.

...that's what EA wants...they're pushing Bad Company crappo as much as they can....they really don't give a damn about bf2 or 2142...it's actually a nuissance to their newer/mediocre stuff....

...that's why they took their sweet/freaggin' time...and they're surely happy to have killed the 2142 spirit...disgusting business...EA sure ain't what it use to be...
      yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec
        ...that's what EA wants...they're pushing Bad Company crappo as much as they can....they really don't give a damn about bf2 or 2142...it's actually a nuissance to their newer/mediocre stuff....

...that's why they took their sweet/freaggin' time...and they're surely happy to have killed the 2142 spirit...disgusting business...EA sure ain't what it use to be...
        yuck!
        Why should they still be concerned about a 5 and a 4 year old game.

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec

yuck!
          EA and their sheep like developers are distancing themselves as far away as possible from games that allow user created material. MOD tools in the mind of EA have become bad for business when you can nickle and dime your customers 3 or 4 times before they have finally had enough.

Comment

the new dice seems to be making games that last about half a year. we had bc2 for half a year now and it's become stale. this makes it very convenient to come out with the vietnam pack. i don't think we will have games that last long like previous BF PC games because this is not a sound business decision. they were very stingy about giving us actual new content for BC2 for a reason. it's not in their best interest to have games with longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
              the new dice seems to be making games that last about half a year. we had bc2 for half a year now and it's become stale. this makes it very convenient to come out with the vietnam pack. i don't think we will have games that last long like previous BF PC games because this is not a sound business decision. they were very stingy about giving us actual new content for BC2 for a reason. it's not in their best interest to have games with longevity.
              I think the main reason it didn't last as long is that the unlock progression was much faster than either Battlefield 2 or 2142. I know many people who have hit rank 50 and even though they played the game like a maniac they've quit because there's nothing more to progress to. Of course it would help to have new content, but even that won't keep people playing without some sort of virtual award to achieve.

You can disagree all you want but the cold hard reality is we're going to see more emphasis on these types of completely frivolous "achievements" invading our every day lives.

Watch this and become enlightened, or angry as hell.

because he's probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                I think the main reason it didn't last as long is that the unlock progression was much faster than either Battlefield 2 or 2142. I know many people who have hit rank 50 and even though they played the game like a maniac they've quit because there's nothing more to progress to. Of course it would help to have new content, but even that won't keep people playing without some sort of virtual award to achieve.

You can disagree all you want but the cold hard reality is we're going to see more emphasis on these types of completely frivolous "achievements" invading our every day lives.
                It´s hard not to agree. I do find some sort of satisfaction receiving the end of round summary of points but basically it does nothing positive for the game. Though it is nice to receive recognition for being part of the best squad knowing that you have contributed.
                The problem lies in when you reach lvl. 50 people sit back and go "Now what?". They have played and played like maniacs to get to lvl 50 but when they get there, there is no Hall of Fame, no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They could always start over with a new account but who wants to do that?
                So when they reach the end of the line they start bitching about new maps, contents or unlocks. The remaining casual players on lvl mid 20´s will still find satisfaction in playing a round or two and looking at the score.

Comment

actually, 2142 ranking progression was much quicker than BC2. i got to brig gen in a month in 2142 but i have still yet to reach 50 for BC2. BF2 ranking was incredibly slow though. i just gave up leveling up in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    US test servers are empty... cmon guys!
                    Couldn't find any

Comment

Originally posted by l=l-ONeill-l=l
                      Couldn't find any
                      you have to uncheck "populated" button on your server browser because well... all of them are empty.

Comment

Done that and still nothing. Unfortunatly my game some how shows all servers from Europe and not from North America. If there is some kind of setting in the game I would love to change that.

Comment

you don't see the leetservers, artofwarcentral.com, and hypernia servers? they're all empty btw, i am pretty sure it will show up once you untick the "populated" checkbox.

Comment

Might re-install for this one. It's been way too long and I still have fond memories for this game.

Comment

I need my key back, anyone got a quick route to this fix this PM me (details inc. photo copies Goverment ID\statement docs are available - proof of purchase available).

<3 2142

For an Engi followme mines were ace, whole new stratergy

"You might be able to retrieve your CD-Key by going to EA support and logging in with your ea.com username and password, my cd-key is saved there and I use the disc based version." - key is lost _ I'll try though, thx

Ps. last video of Jesse Schell he's dancing like a robot. *not watching them* cos I saw 30s and got angry/towards the end pretty furious, <3 to punch him in face

Comment

Working...
                              X