Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Company 2:Vietnam Multiplayer Footage

Originally posted by Rambo
    um no.i thought this was a stand alone game?
    Nope, Expansion played within BC2 I hope.

I want Spectact before BC2:Vietnam is released

I dont see BF1943 getting released for the PC.

Comment

Rofl. ****paying for that! No new features, only new weapons and factions, most of which have clearly not been reanimated (Still has the terrible and wrong reloads on some weapons). What a joke. They cant even be bothered to change elements of the HUD. Looking at that AK47 annoys me. 'Oh it belongs to NVA/VC so it MUST be rusty and have cloth all over it holding it together'. This 'game' looks so cliche and embodies everything that is wrong with todays FPS games.

Seriously. Every single BF mod I have played has given me more content than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdr
        Battlefield 1942 Expansions
        Road to Rome - 6 maps
        Secret Weapons - 8 maps

Battlefield 2 Expansion
        Special Forces - 8 maps

2142's expansion only had 4, and the booster packs for BF2 only have 4-ish. I guess this is half-way between a proper expansion (like those for BF1942 and BF2) and the booster packs.
        I dont know the cost to Road to Rome or other 1942 expansions, but Special Forces cost $50 when it was released. You correct though that this expansion pack compared to the ones of BF2 and 2142 are close to the same type of content. They were at $15 on release. So if this one comes out asking for $30, yeah, its a rip off. I dont care what engine its ran on.

Crunch

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Originally posted by Rambo
        how can guys not see this is BC,everything is the same but skins,same menu,same gun animations,same same same!

I will now tell you whats really going to happen,they have made vietnam into a console type game so by the time bf3 comes out you will already be prepared bf3 will be a BC clone and not complain.

All bf titles will be made into console type games now,can PC get grand turismo in return?(no i dont think so)

Dont expect much for bf3

Forgotten about 1943 yet?

No bf game is sacred anymore

Im at the point i will never buy another EA game just because....they are now abusing the BF name imo and trying for quick cheap bucks.

vietnam name deserves more than a mini clone game
        Yeah, it looks like BC because it is. And BF3 will not be like BF2, just like I said CoD 5 will be like COD4 and not like CoD 2 and so will 6, and 7.

I have a prophesy for you as well, you might as well stop buying BF games and go back to 2.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

EoD for BF2 was free. The good ol days

Comment

Oh look the lead at DICE is a console gamer. Promising start to the franchise. >.>

Comment

Battlefield 1943 gets announced:
              YEAH! THIS IS GREAT FINALLY A NEW WW2 BF WITH A NEW ENGINE
              ends up being only for consoles and being a minigame with 3 maps

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is coming to pc and will have a superior PC version with extra content for free!
              YAY! THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT! THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY!
              oh btw, the extra content is just the same maps being re-released over and over again with different modes, but don't worry we'll call it "Map Packs" so it's great!

Vietnam is coming back to Battlefield!
              YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT! I'D LOVE TO SEE BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM WITH A GOOD ENGINE AND NEW GRAPHICS!!!
              its gonna be a bad company expansion with a few maps

now i ask this:
              Dice, are you ****ing trolling me here???

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                I dont know the cost to Road to Rome or other 1942 expansions, but Special Forces cost $50 when it was released. You correct though that this expansion pack compared to the ones of BF2 and 2142 are close to the same type of content. They were at $15 on release. So if this one comes out asking for $30, yeah, its a rip off. I dont care what engine its ran on.
                I thought Special Forces was $29.99 (US) and the Booster Packs for BF2 were $9.99(US)?

Guess they came to their senses, realised that by slapping the word 'expansion' on the title they can charge more yet still deliver the same amount of content as their old booster packs. Next they'll be releasing different game modes on the same map and calling them 'map packs'....... oh wait.....

Before I look completely stupid, I realise you could be talking about a different currency and not the US$, and so your prices could be right - but trying to compare apples to apples, so keeping it in US$ seems more appropriate

Comment

SF was $29.99 and AF/EF were $9.99 each when they came out. NS was also $9.99.
                  I bought two of everything because my wife wanted to play. $200 just for BF2...

All prices US.

Comment

I say PC should get it free,for being shafted on the 1943 fail:nod:

Comment

Says NVA as the team and has VC troops running around.

Looks like DICE put a whole google's worth of research into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                        Says NVA as the team and has VC troops running around.

Looks like DICE put a whole google's worth of research into the game.
                        Doesn't surprise me.

Their historical games (BF1942, BFV) are inaccurate, their near-future games (BF2, BC2) make no sense and futuristic games (2142) are implausible.

To be fair they're probably less ridiculous than MW2 (eg. autonomous minigun turrets, B2 CAS runs).

I don't expect games to be entirely authentic, even the so-called "military sim" Arma falls short. However war game developers could do a little more research and use more logic than they are now. Fantastical ******** belongs in the sci-fi genre.

Comment

Working...
                        X