X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vahn Talks About Tactical Insertion

From callofduty.com:

Hello,

We love Tac Insert. It does a few things for the game strategy. A well organized team of Tac Insert user can roll the competition in Demo. It's grand, really, and how it should be. Counter by organizing your own team of Tac Insert users and roll with Hacker.

It also solves a problem. A lot of you are super convinced you can make a better spawn system than we can. That's cool. So, here you go. Here is Tac Insert. Pick your own spawn point and stop yelling at me.

Trying to use Tac Insert but are getting Tac Insert spawned camped? Well, you probably deserve that but you can now cancel your own Tac Insert in the Killcam. That's new to Black Ops.

The main reason I am not as worried about Tac Insert as you? We can disable it. And, I just did for Free-For-All (hardcore and core) variants. It will still work in Private Matches in Free for All, but then you don't get XP in Private Matches so it can't be used for boosting.

The game has a reporting system. Report boosters and let's make examples of them. Once you lay the ban hammer on enough bad people word will get around that we don't take too kindly to this sort of thing.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

What do you think of these changes? Will that improve on the insertion issues? What about the talk on reporting boosters?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Vahn Talks About Tactical Insertion

I'd like to see what kind of proof they're going to require for reporting people.
    Other than that, I like the fact that Tac Insert can be cancelled and that it's disabled for FFA.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
      I'd like to see what kind of proof they're going to require for reporting people.
      Other than that, I like the fact that Tac Insert can be cancelled and that it's disabled for FFA.
      Well, they are talking about reporting boosters only. Boosters are typically easy to identify from stats. If they are more discrete or haven't been doing it as often, maybe there will be a way for Treyarch to check stats from individual games.

Oh, and don't forget theater mode. I remember reading/hearing in an interview something about uploading videos to report people.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Can someone that has played MW2 for a bit explain why tac insertion is hated by so many? The idea doesn't seem too bad, but I've never seen it in practice.

Comment

to put it bluntly Boosting. go on youtube an look up MW2 Tac. Insertion an you will find a lot of people catch others abusing it just to boost their ranks. Not to mention other vids of people countering them by blowing them up.

Comment

really good

Comment

I have an xbox CoD gamer who works with me and he hates tactical insertion! I've never experienced it myself, but he was not happy it was going to be in CoD:BO. I'll let him see this news and get his opinion.

As for the reporting, yep, the theater mode could easily help catch boosters. Submit a video of your match where two people have been boosting the whole time and bam, easy proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal_Joker
                to put it bluntly Boosting. go on youtube an look up MW2 Tac. Insertion an you will find a lot of people catch others abusing it just to boost their ranks. Not to mention other vids of people countering them by blowing them up.
                The problem is not with the tactical insertion itself. They were rarely used anyway. I probably saw one person using them every few days of playing. They don't really provide any advantage. Sure, you can pick where you want to spawn, but they glow a bright red that can be seen from half-way across the map, and if you manage to hide it, they make a really loud sound. No, the real problem is that they were used for boosting. This was a console problem. I never saw it on the PC because...well...you didn't need to boost when you could make a few clicks and were max rank with all the emblems/challenges/whatever. Supposedly it was very rampant on the console (from what I've heard), especially on FFA, where two friends would meet in a remote corner of the map, lay down tactical insertions, and repeatably kill each other.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                  The problem is not with the tactical insertion itself. They were rarely used anyway. I probably saw one person using them every few days of playing. They don't really provide any advantage. Sure, you can pick where you want to spawn, but they glow a bright red that can be seen from half-way across the map, and if you manage to hide it, they make a really loud sound. No, the real problem is that they were used for boosting. This was a console problem. I never saw it on the PC because...well...you didn't need to boost when you could make a few clicks and were max rank with all the emblems/challenges/whatever. Supposedly it was very rampant on the console (from what I've heard), especially on FFA, where two friends would meet in a remote corner of the map, lay down tactical insertions, and repeatably kill each other.
                  That is pretty much exactly what my co-worker said, the xbox360 gamer. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                  X