Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo Game Show -- Get ready for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Game Show -- Get ready for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam!

Originally posted by iQue
    The first DLC alone sold in many million copies for consoles, and not that few for PC either iirc
    They never released the PC numbers. Over 2 million downloads for Xbox alone, I believe. There is news about it in the CoD section if you want to dig that far back

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: Tokyo Game Show -- Get ready for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam!

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
      Go ahead and plan on $15. MW2 set that DLC map-pack price point and made an obscene amount of money. I don't expect too many publishers to leave that kind of cash on the table anymore.
      There is one major difference though. BC2 is no where near as popular was MW2. The majority of the players for BC2 are on the PC, and those numbers are still probably less than the PC numbers for MW2. BC2 is not very popular on the consoles, and history has shown that console players are the ones that are more likely to buy DLC. There were no official numbers for the MW2 DLC released for PC, so it is probably safe to assume the numbers were very disappointing compared to the console versions.

For those reasons, I really don't see them being able to pull of a lot of sales at $15. But I'm sure they will try.

Originally posted by PineappleDouche
      You guys have been getting free content on a daily basis for months. Sure its not a completely new map but its a new way to play a previous map. Which in a way is new and I have no problem with it. Most games don't get all of this without costing a bit of money. Every last one of you that say your boycotting will still go out and purchase it. Remember the MW2 Boycott on steam? Yeah half the people on the boycott were seen listen in a MW2 game.
      What? There have been 6 releases of "new" content. But that isn't even a release. All the developers do is activate a couple server commands. The files are already on your disc; that is why you don't have to download something, they just "appear". The only reason you can't play them beforehand is because the server has them disabled.

For the last map pack, you had to add these two lines to the map rotation:
      levels/mp_001sdm
      levels/mp_009sr

Literally, all DICE did was allow these lines to be detected by the server. If they charged money for this, I would be thinking of them like IW. Now they are going to try and add four maps for an excessive amount of money.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
      X