Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Wednesday #8

This just in from the BF Blog:

Youknow how we had a Twitter competition last week?

Well,player "hotspot" won the rare signed BF 1942 t-shirt. This week howeverI'm doing the same thing. I'm giving away a rare BF2 compass. This goes greatwith anyone who played BF2 and it's a nice piece of merchandise made to a highquality.

Now,the rules changed a bit so these are the new ones.

1. Follow OfficialBFBC2 on Twitter

2.Follow instructions on the OfficialBFBC2 Twitter account. http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

3. TheInstructions will appear at 10:00 CET on Thursday the 12th of August.

4. TheTwitter give-away stretches from Thursday 12th of August 10:00 CET to Friday10:00 CET.

This twitter exclusive competition is open for everyone and winners will berandomly selected out of all retweets. The higher your veteran status , thehigher your chance of winning some cool apparel. This give-away will keep on goinguntil I run out of stock and that won't happen in a while so I suggest youbrush up your veteran statuses and get a chance to win some awesome stuff. Thereason why this has been changed to a 24-hour giveaway is that everyone fromaround the world should have a chance to win this .

CommunityPressroom

For all you news posters and news hunters out there, there is a newCommunity Pressroom available. This helps all the news posters get their informationverified as official and will keep more members up to date on things going onin the community.

So headon over here to check it out: http://groups.google.com/group/community-pressroom

BF2 NationsCup!

Want to wear that country-tag? Get your game on andsign up on the Nations Cup page at ESL. http://www.esl.eu/eu/bf2/news/131468/

Now, sinceI love eSports and am sure that this is going to be a great tournament, I havea small proposition for the teams making it to the finals. How about playingthe final at the DICE office, streamed live and having a winner’s party afterthat?

Frequentlyasked questions

So, thereare a lot of questions going around the Community I'm going to list a fewanswers to your questions here. The top 3 asked questions of this week are:

How comeSPECACT hasn't been made available for PC?

SPECACT was causing issues with the last update so we made the decisionto roll back the SPECACT changes so we could release important crash fixes andother features. SPECACT is still planned for release on PC.

Are new maps coming for BFBC2 in the future?

Vietnam will bring more maps to BC2. Map Pack 6 is due for release nextweek. There will be more information on the maps coming for Vietnam the closerwe get to a release date.

What is the status of BF 1943? It was released on consoles, but is itcoming to PC?

We have no new information at this point. When we do, we will be happyto share it with the Community.

If you have any questions regarding Community News or Battlefield, feel free to contact me on www.twitter.com/zh1nt0

Source...

Re: Community Wednesday #8

map pack 6 hey?
    which 1s will these be then?

Comment

How about any update for 1943? Maybe something like, "We are still working on it." or "We scrapped it.". I think more people care about that answer than any of the others.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

well it's obvious 1943 is not being worked on otherwise they would say we are currently working on it.
        i think they're gonna cancel it but they're delaying announcing it for financial reasons. they are still collecting interest from the preorders and they might not want to announce it to negatively affect their quarterly earnings and stocks.

Comment

lolz............only DICE can clean 5 year old crap from their closets and call it a contest. can we get a set of those BF2 pre order headphones too? gamestop screwed me out of mine 5 years ago........

That definitely looks like a public relations soft blow with the info for 1943 foreshadowing them telling us it's been canceled.....notice how the "question" now doesn't ask when it will get released like they have for the last year and a half, now they just say "will it ever?"......

I hate to sound cynical but I've been on this runaway downhill dice pc train for awhile now.....they are phasing us out, we are their lowest profit margin.

Originally posted by Minmaster
          well it's obvious 1943 is not being worked on otherwise they would say we are currently working on it.
          i think they're gonna cancel it but they're delaying announcing it for financial reasons. they are still collecting interest from the preorders and they might not want to announce it to negatively affect their quarterly earnings and stocks.

even if they only had $100k in preorders that could be earning them around 5 grand a month in interest in the right accounts. i think DICE discovered the perfect little ponzi scam with 1943 preorders......hehe

Comment

oh, you think they are going to do that with BF3?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
              oh, you think they are going to do that with BF3?
              After 1943 I wouldnt pre-order unless its a few weeks from release.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                After 1943 I wouldnt pre-order unless its a few weeks from release.

Crunch
                LOL, I'm not pre-ordering anything with DiCE anymore, I waited 6 weeks, almost 2 months to by BC2 after it was release. I had to get people's opinions and even then, people were deciding just after I got it that it was not quite worth it because DiCE once again fell short for the community.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                  I hate to sound cynical but I've been on this runaway downhill dice pc train for awhile now.....they are phasing us out, we are their lowest profit margin.
                  PC sold the most of all platforms in BC2, not to mention sales from the old BF games. If anything, the PC is their largest source of income. BC2 has been in the top 10 of the most sold steam games for a good while now, not to mention it still having a high spot on PC retail charts.

Why they haven't released BF1943 for PC though is beyond me. :wee: Maybe they don't want to divide the community into a BC2 camp and a BF1943 one. Who knows. If it was purely for money, they would have released it a long time ago.

Comment

it's not out because they haven't had time to work on it.
                    it's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      it's not out because they haven't had time to work on it.
                      it's as simple as that.
                      Lol no time to work on it? They have several development teams for all their projects. Trust me they have plenty of time to work on it. Plus it was only like 4 maps. What on earth takes that long?

Comment

I blame MoH on it. "Scrap 1943 you guys need to work on the MoH multiplayer. You guys can go back to it after the 2142 1.5 patch."

Crunch

Comment

I'm bummed about BF1943. It'd be nice to have for us old geezers that can't let go of how fun BF1942 was. In my opinion it would be a nice compliment to BC2 - it'd give my team another server to play on to take a break from BC2 so we don't burn out on it too soon.

Too bad NVidia or Intel can't sponsor a map pack that actually includes new maps like they did with Call of Duty 4. It sounds to me like we're stuck with the maps we have, which isn't a whole lot for a $60 game.

I am as interested in Bad Company Vietnam as I am in being castrated. I hated BFV - even after it finally worked. If they did a Bad Company Special Forces similar to what they did with BF2 I'd be all over it - I thought Special Forces was better than Vanilla BF2. The maps were awesome and it was fun playing a bunch of different armies.

As a hopeless Battlefield fanboy, it really breaks my heart that DICE apparently expects us to be happy with getting less content for our hard-earned $$ these days.

Comment

Welcome to the new age of no-content remakes of things we've already seen but with different colors. No more diversity - no more strategy - just the same old thing repackaged.

The problem is that DICE sold out. They don't want to make money because they are making innovative ground-breaking games that are fun. They just want to make money by spending the least amount.

Comment

Darn it, xbox360!

Comment

Working...
                              X