Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Million Map Packs Sold for Call of Duty

From kotaku.com

Complain about the cost of Call of Duty map packs all you want; it doesn't stop Activision charging a ton for them, and it's certainly not stopping people from buying them.

The publisher revealed today that over 20 million map packs for the Call of Duty franchise have now been sold. That's not just Modern Warfare, it's for the entire franchise, but boy oh boy, 20 million. That's a lot, and given the relative recency of downloadable content, you'd have to imagine most of those are derived from the two Modern Warfare games (though Activision did not discloses an individual breakdown).

Some may say that accounts for 20 million suckers (or 5-10 million suckers who are repeat offenders), and on a good day I'd be prone to agree, but really, nobody forced them all to buy it. It just goes to show for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that goes on in gaming forums and websites, there are untold masses out there perfectly content with paying $15 for a handful of maps.

That is a lot of map packs. With that amount is it fair to say that this is the future of gaming?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: 20 Million Map Packs Sold for Call of Duty

This tbh is realy, realy, realy, realy sad... all the other games will suffer because of this, remember back in time when a new map, a new weapon was given to you within a patch for free... or you were able to do your own maps with moddingtools... this all is dieing becasue of those casual nonsence... good job greedy activision as always, everything that counts to you is money!

Comment

Re: 20 Million Map Packs Sold for Call of Duty

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      ....With that amount is it fair to say that this is the future of gaming?
      Unfortunately Crunch, it wouldn't surprise me. Other publishers are bound to see this solely for what it is...a money making business model. Can't blame them too much I guess, afterall they are a business. But the gaming community only has itself to blame. As for me, I've never bought an expansion pack/DLC/mappack and probably never will.

Comment

Working...
      X