Medal of Honor to Come with Battlefield 3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor to Come with Battlefield 3 Beta

Numptie and [Expletive Deleted] brought us this news from the UK IGN Xbox site. That's right, Xbox:

Electronic Arts has announced that the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor will come with an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. That comes on top of the weapons, ammo and camoflauge that the Limited Edition already offers. The offer is contingent on the beta coming within 12 months of the release of Medal of Honor. As that game launches on October 12 in North America, you can expect the beta to take place sometime in 2011. <!--more-->

This also comes as the first official announcement of Battlefield 3, which was previously only confirmed to be in development during financial talks. Battlefield 3 will apparently come to Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3. Xbox Live Gold membership will be required for access to the Battlefield 3 beta on Xbox 360.

The other Limited Edition pack-ins include the MP-7 and two special shotguns. The PS3 version will include the full game Medal of Honor Frontline, remastered in HD. All Limited Edition versions are listed at a price of $59.99 in the US, suggesting that EA is following a plan similar to what it did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 where all new copies bought at or near launch included the bonus content.

I'm just going to leave this with a source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Medal of Honor to Come with Battlefield 3 Beta

Mine wasn't from the UK site. So they didn't misspell "Honor."

Comment

LOL, I knew I should have added both :P

Also, for those reading this, we have a BF3 section and a number of posts on this already Feel free to join in.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

LOL.

Just messing with you.

Comment

Battlefield 3 will apparently come to Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
          why don't i like the sound of that?

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER
            Maybe because:
            Sadly, it looks like BF3 will be another game hobbled by the limitations of ancient console tech and ported to the PC.
            Looks like we have an idea of what the system requirements should be like, though. Can't be too far off of BFBC2's, since that game pushed the consoles fairly well from what I've heard. They had to cut stuff because of "memory limitations."

Comment

I was hoping that Battlefield 3 wouldn't have the same limited functionality and arcade-style multiplayer like BF:BC2, but since it's going to be ported to consoles, I guess it will be.

I'm happy as long as it has a map editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Successful Sealion
                I'm happy as long as it has a map editor.
                I'm fairly certain it won't. Locked down, just like BFBC2, is what I'm expecting.
                Seriously, how many people would buy MW2's map packs for $15 if they could get a buttload of custom community maps for free?
                Same concept with BFBC2 and BF3.

That era is over.

Comment

Battlefield bad company 2 is the BF game i've played the least, most of the things i don't like about it are because of the game's "Consolization"

i know BF:BC 2 is mainly a console game, but if there are PC patches, why not change things to suit the PC?

all i know is that BC2 is showing me alot of what a multiplatform Battlefield is like, and i don't like it at all.

i hardly come to this forum anymore, and its the only Battlefield related website i visit at all, and still, all i see every day is depressing news, "map packs" that are simply "area" unlockers, Console versions getting better support than the PC version, patches with ridiculous changes, and pc gamers getting screwed more and more.

i don't know if anyone from DICE still browses this forum but, you grew to what you are today because of PC gamers, your games were hardly pirated because they were multiplayer masterpieces, most of us have all your games and expansion packs, some even have those silly booster packs from when you started becoming silly, don't you think you should have a little more respect for us?

its true that we don't know anything about the game yet, but i just wanted to let go a little steam.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                    That era is over.
                    I would disagree. Firstly while it's not confirmed it's at least possible that Call of duty: black ops might have mod maps, since we have at least dedicated servers. Again speculation, though since it still dosen't seem like a massive engine change, previous mod tools for the game, or straight coding might allow mods, if we will be able to run un-ranked servers.

Left 4 dead, allows for tons of mods, it sells like gangbusters, it's on sale regularly and hella cheap right now. Though they release small bits of DLC for free too, the community is helping the game last even longer.

Dragon age mods check, and for a game with tons of DLC, your argument that the developer wants to starve content to sell DLC seems to run against Bio ware's plan for that game at least.

More important is Starcraft 2. Not only are there mod tools, they were available in beta. Space shooters, defense tower game, third person shooters, and a final fantasy like RPG have already been made from a RTS. Further more, blizzard is helping modders sell their maps in the game it self, like a App store. Serious modders can get some money, blizzard takes a slice, and the wait for heart of the swarm will feel a lot shorter for the player. It's a win, win, win.

While yes not as many PC games come with mod tools, and some that were great with the mod support have let it go, there are enough developers to keep modding alive. Heck unreal tournament on PS3 allowed for mods, little big planet and Mod nation racers both are a sign that even mods on consoles can be looked at as helping a game be successful on consoles.

Comment

Go ahead and get your hopes up for map editing and mod tools for BF3.

As far as Black Ops, how long did it take for working mod tools to come out for WaW?
                      I don't think they even planned on making them until they saw the level of outrage when PC gamers saw that they didn't exist. Same with Linux bins and /record and all the rest.

But yeah, go ahead and get your hopes up.

Comment

wouldnt it make more sence to wait for playstation 4 in 2011

then PC wouldnt be "so" limited?

the only way i will accept this news is if they make it on PC first and then nurf and port it down for the kids who cant work a computer:salute:

Im not going to accept the word oh we ported it but added stuff for PC later becuase that would mean its on a small scale

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

By the way! it seems 1943 is completely forgotten?i smell fail port or have they made it into bf3

Comment

I don't like the sound of that at all.

Comment

what about the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

I'm sad now. with Starcraft 2 coming in I thought there was hope for PC gaming exclusives, this news just makes me sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X