Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community News #1

This just in from the BF Blog:

I am happy about the warm welcome I received from you guys and hopefully this is the beginning of something GREAT!

This is the latest update on the lag issue on the NA servers.

The DEV team have been working hard to find a solution to this issue for quite some time now and we think that we have a possible fix now that will roll out gradually over the next few days as the console servers are currently undergoing maintenance in North America to resolve the lag issues being experienced.

PlayStation 3 maintenance is complete with Xbox 360 servers being maintained during today on servers that empty to avoid disrupting your game sessions in progress. If you are in America and Canada you can set your EA profile to your country of residence to connect to your local servers which should be lag free once again when maintenance is complete. Report any continued lag issues to us on our forums http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk.

I would also like to add that the BFBC2 PC patch is currently still in development and we have sent it for STEAM compatibility testing today. All being well the patch will be released early next week. For information on what the patch fixes take a look at the changelog on the official forums at http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk.

I would also like to announce every Wednesday from now on to be “Community Wednesdays” where I will give you guys a weekly update in the form of a blog post, but also in forums and a direct link to this on the official BFBC2 twitter account at http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2 .

In these community Wednesday posts I will supply you with information regarding the game.

Source...

Re: Community News #1

Just sent it to steam? I thought Steam QA was the delay for the patch? Must have been some miscommunication.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Just sent it to steam? I thought Steam QA was the delay for the patch? Must have been some miscommunication.

Crunch
      They had to rebuild the patch after it failed Steam's QA the other day so its time for round 2 with Steam.

Comment

Wake me up when they decide to get back to what made the BF games great, or when BF3 is announced.

Comment

I don't even care anymore,the one map I play has become old now and that mode pack isn't going to change anything.Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
            They had to rebuild the patch after it failed Steam's QA the other day so its time for round 2 with Steam.
            Wow, really? They have to rebuild it if it fails? Or is it correct whatever Steam made and fix that and resubmit?

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

at least there is steam now getting in the way of DICE releasing buggy patches... haha

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Wow, really? They have to rebuild it if it fails? Or is it correct whatever Steam made and fix that and resubmit?

Crunch
                Probably fixing the errors although life would be easier if steam didnt use custom install paths so we wouldnt have this mess.

Comment

Working...
                X