Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox Live Makes Changes to Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Live Makes Changes to Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking.

From the Xbox Live Blog:
    We’ve opened up the hood on Xbox LIVE and tinkered with how matchmaking works for Modern Warfare 2. It’s not a dramatic change, and the majority of our users won’t see any difference – but a certain subset of you should be happier now.

When you search for a match, our servers sort through the many thousands of available matches to find the “best” potential games for you. We’ve changed how we determine “best”, and your country is now an even more significant factor than it was before. What does this mean to you?

As a gamer, you want to play in a lag-free game. This means that you need to be playing with gamers who are “near you” on the Internet. This is why games like MW2 ping potential matches to determine how close they are and reject them if they’re too far away. If you live somewhere that’s geographically isolated – like Australia, for example – most of the world is not near you. The speed of light just isn’t fast enough (that’s not something I get to say every day).<!--more-->

On behalf of that Australian gamer we’re now trying harder than ever to find a session in their country for them to join. Of course, this requires there to be games hosted in Australia with open slots at the moment they’re looking – but we’ve maximized the odds of those gamers getting together.

While we can’t beat the speed of light (yet), we do think that these changes have made finding matches in MW2 a better experience. If it's helped you out we'd love to hear it!

So it looks like those playing on Xbox have a better chance of a central style game. For those that play this on that platform, have you noticed an improvement?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Xbox Live Makes Changes to Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking.

So the product that's already got solid support gets the upgrade when the one that's ****ed up gets ignored....

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
      So the product that's already got solid support gets the upgrade when the one that's ****ed up gets ignored....
      Well, sure. Its where the biggest fanbase is now. Anyone remember the percentage on Xbox? Something like 60 or 70 percent wasnt it? 30 to 20 on PS3 and 10 on PC or something like that?

Crunch

Comment

I totally understand that, but it still boggles my mind that they could **** up so bad between Cod4 and MW2. It's almost like a textbook on how to suck at your job, suck at coding, suck at testing, and suck at just about everything but sucking.

I really think the xbox crowd needs to see the world around them and fricking see that the games they support aren't as good as they seem. I mean seriously, I would never buy MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
          I really think the xbox crowd needs to see the world around them and fricking see that the games they support aren't as good as they seem. I mean seriously, I would never buy MW2.
          So says the Xbox crowd to the PC people. Except the buying MW2 part, which they did in very mass quantities.

Crunch

Comment

Speed of light comments not funny, we mostly play over copper lines, nowhere near the speed of light.

Comment

Working...
            X