Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two More Members of Infinity Ward Leave

From mtv.com:

One month after Activision and Infinity Ward parted ways with the studio's heads, Vince Zampella and Jason West, two more key players in the "Modern Warfare" franchise have also left. Neither lead designer Todd Alderman nor lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti currently work at Infinity Ward, according to screen grabs of their LinkedIn profiles, and their departures are believed to be voluntary.

Though the nature of their exit remains unclear, a source close to the studio said that both Alderman and Gigliotti resigned, according to Kotaku. Whether or not those resignations were more amicable than Zampella and West's sackings is also unknown, though the ex-bosses have since filed suit against Activision and signed on to be represented by CAA for their future endeavors.

It's entirely plausible that a competing studio may have made them an offer in the wake of the transition period Infinity Ward is no doubt experiencing right now, despite the strong push currently going on with the "Modern Warfare 2" Stimulus Package. With a combined fifteen years of Infinity Ward work under Alderman and Gigliotti's belts, it's also possible that loyalty issues may have been a factor. Until someone issues a statement, however, those details are going to stay in the dark

So what are your thoughts on this event? Is Infinity Ward no more? Will they just replace all these people and move on? Will the other studios simply fill in? With the rumors of dedicated servers for the Treyarch title and the new studio for the possible MMO, does it matter much anymore?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Two More Members of Infinity Ward Leave

Great now those guys are going to infect some other franchise and **** it up. They should all stay at IW forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
      Great now those guys are going to infect some other franchise and **** it up. They should all stay at IW forever.
      1+

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
        I will be a sad puppy if they put these guys to work on bf3.

Comment

well if they ever did, they would probably be praised by EA for going to the "winning side", but dice probably will treat them like scum. Dice have said (I Hightlight SAID, not neccesarily meaning they mean it) things which make me believe that they still believe in PC gaming to a point, and that they dont believe that DLC should be charged for, which is the opposite of what IW are doing.

Comment

Reading all these comments on all the other forums and all this news posting, it seems to be the same; "Good, IW should fail."

Is that about the jist of it? Is this a good thing of revenge for what was done to PC?

Crunch

Comment

fire them all i could not care less

Comment

Wow there are some bitter people on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                  Wow there are some bitter people on these forums.
                  Its not just these. You should read the comments all over the place.

Crunch

Comment

What ever happened to love your neighbor as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                      What ever happened to love your neighbor as yourself.
                      LOL, I guess if your neighbor steals your dedicated servers and mod tools, you better watch out.

I personally hold no ill feelings toward IW. They took a risk like they always have. It paid off...to a point.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                        I will be a sad puppy if they put these guys to work on bf3.
                        OMG me too. I would like Dice to hire them and force them to keep recreating 1 badge for the game. Every day they have to remake this badge and then before the game is released they use some other image!!

Comment

Working...
                        X