Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Announces Vietnam Mod

This news was released on April 1st, so was considered by many a joke:

That's right, the announcement of Project Reality: Vietnam on April 1 is real, and is currently being worked on by the Project Reality Team. The team successfully fooled the PR community into thinking it was a joke. We got some priceless reactions from community members that fell for it. Below are some of our personal favourites...

Fighter:
    "Most fail April Fool's joke ever....
    It made me /facepalm.
    As soon as it saw it on my forum's RSS Feed, I was like wow PR just pulled the most fail April Fool's joke ever..."

Stealth Clobber:
    "I sometimes doubt the intelligence of the player base when they can't tell immediately that this is a joke. A new PR mod, announced less than a month after PR Arma2, and still in BF2, in VIETNAM, conveniently on April Fools Day.
    Come on now lol"

Drunkenup:
    "Plausible, but complete bull****."

162eRI:
    "This could be an awesome idea if it wasn't an april fools joke.!"

Development
    For the last few months, a few members of Project Reality Studios have been secretly working on merging the award winning modification, Project Reality, and the Black Sand Studios modification, Eve of Destruction. With the famous PR game play, mixed with the expansive Eve of Destruction content, the Project Reality Team will bring you new maps, vehicles, weapons, strategies, and experiences.

While the first release of Project Reality: Vietnam is some time away, stay tuned to the Project Reality Forums for more news and highlights as the project reaches its release goal.

-The Project Reality Team

Thank you Snazzy for bringing us the news. You can also click on the source below and view a few screenshots.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Project Reality Announces Vietnam Mod

Just what we need, m60 ownage in another battlefield game.

Comment

Great, I thought it was an april fools joke too, but I'm glad its not.

Comment

Originally posted by [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
        Just what we need, m60 ownage in another battlefield game.
        PR has a limited kit system plus deviation, so only some people will have M60s and they won't be able to go rambo with them easily.

Provided you've deployed the bipod in a good spot you will own with it, but that's kind of the point of machine guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Snazzy
          PR has a limited kit system plus deviation, so only some people will have M60s and they won't be able to go rambo with them easily.

Provided you've deployed the bipod in a good spot you will own with it, but that's kind of the point of machine guns.
          I'm thinking he was joking lol.

Comment

Meh, not much of a Vietnam fan but for those that are I'm sure it'll be top shelf.

Looking at those screenshots, time hasn't been too kind on the old BF2 engine.

much more interested in the ArmA II Project Reality.

That looks pretty damn good.

Comment

i love the smell of napalm in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                Looking at those screenshots, time hasn't been too kind on the old BF2 engine.
                Graphically yes, however PR continues to do a great job with it.

The EoD2 content in the screenshots isn't IMO on the same level of quality as PR.

Overlooking the artwork and rendering. The BF2 engine still has the formidable 64 player PvP server base, standard 6 man squad system with voip and open combined arms maps up to 8x8km whilst maintaining accessibility.

Comment

Looks like I'll be re-downloading PR and re-installing ArmA2

Comment

Loved BFV, Hated PR. Will hate this. A Vietnam game in battlefield is nothing without 1 x Hastings and 0>c "Nowhere to Run" and 0>o "Flight of the Valkyrie"

Comment

Originally posted by [ptg]chef_uk
                      "Flight of the Valkyrie"
                      That currently plays when flying the Hueys and holding down the right mouse button.

Comment

Working...
                      X