Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943 Reaches Amazing Milestone

This just in from the BF Blog:

We would like to thank all of you for making Battlefield 1943 the fastest selling title on Xbox LIVE Arcade to reach the 1 million units sold milestone! The critically acclaimed game has continued to be supported by you, our fans, making this milestone an incredible achievement. Soon our PC fans will also be able to get in on the action that Xbox 360 and PS3 users have been enjoying since July 2009. If you haven't played Battlefield 1943 yet, it can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 MS Points and from the PlayStation Network for $15. For more information, head on over to the official Battlefield 1943 website.

Source...

Re: Battlefield 1943 Reaches Amazing Milestone

1943 is fun as hell to play, I just hope they change their mind and do release more maps for it, another three to five would rock.

Comment

My hope is that is the delay for pc and not just BC2. Even if only one more map came out and it was Invasion of the Philippines Islands then i would be ecstatic. Loved that map. For me that was the BFV Hastings of 1942.

Comment

An amazing milestone of still not being released on PC yet ?

Thats the real story.

Comment

yea i hope they add a map or 2. consolers say the game got old fast cuz of lack of maps.

Comment

Originally posted by [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
            An amazing milestone of still not being released on PC yet ?

Thats the real story.
            They said that the priority is getting BC2 stable before setting to work on finishing the PC version. Im happy to wait if it means BC2 is going to be better.

Comment

now this would be real milestone.......actually releasing the damn thing on the PC!!!!!

Comment

maybe they're building it on frostbite 2.0? wasn't 1943 on 1.5 or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  maybe they're building it on frostbite 2.0? wasn't 1943 on 1.5 or something?
                  no, its the original engine. just saw this on another page................looks like june

"The EA Poland twitter has spilled the news that Battlefield 1943 for PC will be coming out in June. The game will be sold in stores as a code in a box. Thanks stan.

[Translated]
                  Battlefield 1943 in stores as a "code in the box" in June."

Comment

Did anyone get the leaflet in your BC game box saying 43 will get enhanced PC features,wonder what that means and i hope its a full game for this waiting!please beat BC2 lol.please make a full 10 map game lol

Comment

I would love to see them build 1943 on the 2.0 engine and then release it as DLC for BFBC2 on PC whereby you can only use the guns selected etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                        Did anyone get the leaflet in your BC game box saying 43 will get enhanced PC features,wonder what that means and i hope its a full game for this waiting!please beat BC2 lol.please make a full 10 map game lol
                        "Enhanced PC features" is a fancy marketing sentence meaning built for the PC controls and has a browser and server side support. Its going to have the same maps and everything its console father has.

Though before BC2, they were talking about DLC for it, so it may get maps or something, which will be the same as for the consoles.

Also, the only way the mini-game will beat BC2 is because after everyone tried out frostbite, they want to see how well it does for 1943. That and its WW2 and we all love that era and deep down want another game for it.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                          now this would be real milestone.......actually releasing the damn thing on the PC!!!!!
                          I prefer a few comments about it coming out slowly than a million of comments talking about how it isn't playable. Please EA take your time port it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            "Enhanced PC features" is a fancy marketing sentence meaning built for the PC controls and has a browser and server side support. Its going to have the same maps and everything its console father has.
                            Oh, and it might even have graphics settings! :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                              I prefer a few comments about it coming out slowly than a million of comments talking about how it isn't playable. Please EA take your time port it correctly.
                              because we all know that extra year it took them to release battlefield heroes made it sooo much better...........It will be just as buggy as any DICE game has been and on top of that it will be a port.

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                              Oh, and it might even have graphics settings! :yay:
                              and mouse support.

Comment

Working...
                              X