Australia Might Finally See Uncensored Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Might Finally See Uncensored Games

A campaigner for John Rau, the man who will be taking over as the new South Australian Attorney General, has said that Rau is open to the idea of R18+ games being allowed in Australia. This is a big boost for the gaming community, as former Attorney General, Michael Atkinson, was completely against this classification. Take a look:

South Australian Premier Mike Rann yesterday said MP John Rau would be the new South Australian Attorney-General after Mr Atkinson stepped down from the position.

In the role, Mr Rau will have input on changes to Australia's classification system — including an R18+ rating for games famously opposed by Mr Atkinson.

Gamers4Croydon party president Chris Prior told news.com.au he had met with Mr Rau and the MP was open to the introduction of an adult rating.

"Just over a week ago, I had the pleasure of meeting him personally when I attended an election forum in his electorate," he said.

"He indicated to me that the lack of an R18+ for games seemed absurd, and that it was really just common sense to introduce it, considering the vast majority of adult content is already available under the MA15+ classification."

Source

This comes as a big relief to those living in Australia, as you'll no longer have to import your games to get the grittiest version.

Re: Australia Might Finally See Uncensored Games

When i heard the news the other day i thought it was about time!

Comment

Well EB games is behind it...

Comment

This may not be that big of an issue to the rest of the world but here in Australia it is like every gamer just won the lottery. We have been trying to get this ever since Manhunt was recalled in september 2004. We all feel like a kid on christmas eve right now lol. BTW RYKUU, petitions were going around for this long before EB jumped on the band wagon. They have only been involved since LFD2 was RC'd & edited for aus. Not to mention, Atkinson may not realise it yet but him stepping down has effectively given us the R18+ rating. Who's laughing now Atkinson???

Comment

Its a great step for our gaming its true.

Comment

Working...
          X