Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Updates Servers

From the Battlefield Blog:

After last nights EA server outage on PS3 and PC, EA have found the issue and put a fix in place and brought the servers back online. This means that both PS3 and PC players can return back to playing Bad Company 2.

We are aware of a number of remaining disconnect issues on PC and we have released the “R5” server to hosts yesterday to address some of the disconnects. We are continuing to work on the remaining disconnect issues to have a solution as fast as possible as well as looking into reports of other issues raised on the forums for consoles: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-company-2-ng/ and PC: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-company-2-pc/

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has managed to prove so popular that yesterday the concurrent users in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 surpassed that in Battlefield 2 which has been going strong for almost 5 years.

With this information, hopefully EA and DICE will have some solutions and updates ready to fix these first week release woes.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: EA Updates Servers

Despite all the whining about them cutting corners they sure are rolling out new server builds fast.

Comment

Yeah, they seem to be really moving on all this.

I know it was only a week between the beta and release, they may have had the data to know this and have been working on it since.

Maybe

Crunch

Comment

Hasn't this problem been around since 1942?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
          Hasn't this problem been around since 1942?
          No. If you mean overloads on the first release, then yes.

They will get it fixed, but people are dying to play and of all the things to not work being servers and browsers, thats a bit of an issue.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
            Despite all the whining about them cutting corners they sure are rolling out new server builds fast.
            I don't think you understand what people are complaining about, or you're just being a dick.

No matter how many versions of the game server software they roll out, if the EA online login servers consist of a few Pentium 4s hooked to a 5MB DSL line things are going to stay broken until enough people quit trying to play the game. The key to their success right now is failure. How much sense does that make? This crap has gone on with all of their big games that go through the EA authentication servers. They KNOW about this. They just CHOOSE not to add more juice to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              I don't think you understand what people are complaining about, or you're just being a dick.

No matter how many versions of the game server software they roll out, if the EA online login servers consist of a few Pentium 4s hooked to a 5MB DSL line things are going to stay broken until enough people quit trying to play the game. The key to their success right now is failure. How much sense does that make? This crap has gone on with all of their big games that go through the EA authentication servers. They KNOW about this. They just CHOOSE not to add more juice to prevent it.
              Dice are making updates to the game which they created to improve stability on their side.

Its up to EA to sort out the Master Server problems.

Comment

And after several releases they should have been able to have things running properly from the start. Especially with their big mouth regarding dedicated servers being superior to listen servers. Try telling that to people who want to play but can't because the account server is down.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  Dice are making updates to the game which they created to improve stability on their side.

Its up to EA to sort out the Master Server problems.
                  And the "whining" is about EA cutting corners on the Master Servers and authentication. I haven't seen too many people saying DICE cut corners when people aren't able to login and play the game. It's obvious EA are the ones failing on that front. So why are you mocking people for complaining about EA failing to support their master servers? That issue and DICE updating the game server software are unrelated. Why dig at people on an unrelated issue?

Thread = "server software revision released"
                  You = "Whiners suck. EA aren't cutting any corners."

Where did it even come from?

Comment

Update from Dice:

- PC had an outage, but the service is offline currently and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely. We will then start checking the quality of the customer experience to determine possible next steps.

All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant.

Comment

well i am sure they know it was going 2 be a big game so why dont they prep?
                      they know it was coming

Comment

Originally posted by ^Garf*uk*
                        well i am sure they know it was going 2 be a big game so why dont they prep?
                        they know it was coming
                        Yeah, but 400% higher? Did you think, or anyone for that matter, it would be 400%?

If I was a major gaming conglomerate, I would have figured a 25% increase. Some wont buy it, some will go to console infrastructure, some cannot play two games at once, so BF numbers drop and BC numbers go up, people hate it because its not BF3 or MW2, yadda yadda yadda.

I mean even the marketing hype for BC2 wasn't that huge.

Crunch

Comment

I just hope the PC numbers trump the console's, I really want Battlefield 3 to have a PC centric focus - especially on size and scope of the design.

Comment

I must admit, 400% higher is phenomenal!

Comment

Keep PC waiting 5 years and poop happens!,what did they expect we are like a food starved fosted kid locked in the basement and neglected to the max lol.

400% is just another exuse IMO,release a game and it bloody well better work(they make it sound like a favour)

the fact the game never worked out of the box make me wonder if the did alpha test it at all?its a worry.

the browser still does not work:dead:

Comment

Working...
                              X