Day 1 Map Pack for Bad Company 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 Map Pack for Bad Company 2

Vreki posted this information up and more details is on the Battlefield Blog:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-XD8lJUv8g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-XD8lJUv8g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    As Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out next week, I'll tell you about the Day 1 map pack that is available to all players who purchase the game and apply their VIP code which comes with the game at no extra charge. The map pack contains two new maps which are the Rush map, Nelson Bay and the Conquest map, Laguna Alta which you can check out in the video now. The maps will be available from March 2nd which will allow the lucky North America players to get access and practice while us Europeans wait a few days more.

Later in March another map pack will be released containing Arica Harbor for Conquest and Laguna Presa for Rush

VIP codes are included in the box for all new purchases. Players that buy used versions and don't have a code can purchase one via the in-game store for $15. PC players will get the content as a game update.

For those that are a bit confused by it PC gamers will get the map packs as an update or like a patch. This would include Steam or other downloadable gaming media. Console players who purchased the game new will also get the map packs free. Those that bought the game used can get the map packs for a charge of $15.00.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Day 1 Map Pack for Bad Company 2

I hope they keep map packs free and leave the rest to be paid for, works so much better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
      I hope they keep map packs free and leave the rest to be paid for, works so much better that way.
      I agree. If the maps are free, there is no split of the community or disconnects from the console. I hope thats what they have in mind. I hate that purchased content doesn't get played for long because so few actually buy it.

Crunch

Comment

I've never bought a used game and probably never will for CD key reasons, but I'm not quite sure how that works on consoles compared to PC.

Comment

wow, additional content since day 1

I'll love this night map in harcore (mmmm, stealthy)

Comment

That night map looks cool, looking forward to release.

Comment

Originally posted by ponton
              wow, additional content since day 1

I'll love this night map in harcore (mmmm, stealthy)
              X2, can't wait for this game

Comment

I still think we should have night vision googles. dont you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                  I still think we should have night vision googles. dont you agree?
                  Naw, I hardly ever used mine in SF because it distorted the view too much. It was easier to see without them.

Besides, the rifle flares and explosions should be awesome to see

Crunch

Comment

yeh I can't wait to have a massive battle with the tracers flying everywhere

Comment

Omg So aaawsome.But it kynda sounds bad. it looks like the maps were already made to come out with the original game but they separated them just to give that update idea xD

Comment

So how many maps will we have now?

I was hoping we'd get a night map and it looks pretty amazing. I would have liked night vision but I can live without it. I agree with Crunch that the flares and explosions will look awesome.

Comment

10 maps!..."rumour" is all maps will be free but im wondering how are they going to regulate the rest?

A rich guy running around with puff the majic dragon owning us pesants?he dies can we pick up?

Elite soldier with thick wallets running around?Jet packs lol...how far will this bs go lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                            10 maps!..."rumour" is all maps will be free but im wondering how are they going to regulate the rest?

A rich guy running around with puff the majic dragon owning us pesants?he dies can we pick up?

Elite soldier with thick wallets running around?Jet packs lol...how far will this bs go lol
                            EA/Dice have a bad track record when it comes to that kind of thing, especially if you look at BF:Heroes.
                            But even if they do that in BC2, I think the impact will be less than it would in COD.
                            Its not all about dps, but more about having the right weapon for the job.

Comment

10 maps sounds great :yay:. Should give the game plenty of longevity anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X