• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Updated

ping display (LAT) is gone again

Comment

I like the game alot, but they have to do some miracles when it comes to performance. I get mid 20's (fps) on high settings and high 20's low 30's on low settings. There is no way unless this is another crisis that my system is that weak. c2d e8500 2gigddr800 4870 512mb and xp pro. I know its not a high end system but comon! I told myself I was not upgrading for this game. For bf3 ............yes......

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        i still want to see pings inside the server
        Get a g15/G19 Keyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by The Defeatest
          I like the game alot, but they have to do some miracles when it comes to performance. I get mid 20's (fps) on high settings and high 20's low 30's on low settings. There is no way unless this is another crisis that my system is that weak. c2d e8500 2gigddr800 4870 512mb and xp pro. I know its not a high end system but comon! I told myself I was not upgrading for this game. For bf3 ............yes......
          I'm sure optimization is down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
            So the Steam version will just take care of itself? Has the update hit on Steam already?
            Correct, run the game through steam and it should update.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
              Get a g15/G19 Keyboard!
              no

Comment

Those are the minimum requirements, so I'd venture to say you won't ever be able to run it completely smooth on High.

Comment

Uh, those are not the minimum requirements, those are roughly the recommend requirements. And the e8500 is as far as I know one of the fastest core 2 duos out there. And the 4870 is no slouch. I get that I dont have alot of ram, but it is win xp. I can run crisis with double those fps on high settings. So ya some optimization is needed.

Comment

yea da requirement says u need 3gb or more i think

Comment

Well i have xp so does anyone think that by me gettin another gig of ram, it will make any noticable diff? 4 gig doesnt register with xp you know what I mean? I cant see 1 more gig of ram giving me 20fps, heck I would do it for an extra 10 fps. any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
                        Get a g15/G19 Keyboard!
                        So in order to get basic PC game functionality, I need to spend $100 on keyboard?

How does that make any sense?

Thanks for the console port DICE, you guys sure stuck with your word. This game is a pure console port, no amount of patching will fix that. Sorry guys, I was as optimistic as you guys were, but we should expect these let downs at this point.

Don't worry though, even though the FPS genre has gone directly into the garbage, we still have Wii Fit and Wii Resort!!! /sarc

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Well i have xp so does anyone think that by me gettin another gig of ram, it will make any noticable diff? 4 gig doesnt register with xp you know what I mean? I cant see 1 more gig of ram giving me 20fps, heck I would do it for an extra 10 fps. any suggestions would be appreciated!
                        Ram will likely not boost performance. If anything, more RAM will help decrease load times.

Comment

With my system specs, i can run on high with minor graphic lag. my CPU is the only thing Can you Run it says that it can't. Im not going to upgrade anything unless my ram if needed (Just built my computer this past June). Also more RAM will help and if u have 4gb on XP, XP will see 3.5 gigs it wont use the other .5, i know i had 4gb before i upgraded to Win7.

Also if you are looking to go to Win7 and a college student, i think the website is still available to get 32 or 64 Home or Professional for about 40$, if you want a CD with it, it will bump up to about 52$

Comment

Originally posted by G-Snake
                            So in order to get basic PC game functionality, I need to spend $100 on keyboard?

How does that make any sense?

Thanks for the console port DICE, you guys sure stuck with your word. This game is a pure console port, no amount of patching will fix that. Sorry guys, I was as optimistic as you guys were, but we should expect these let downs at this point.
                            Maybe you should avoid Betas if a missing feature causes that kind of hissy fit?
                            You might have had a point if this was the released game, but you can even see the column reserved for latency in the browser, so relax.

Likewise with those having performance problems, that can change a lot before release.
                            For now you could try forcing DX9 and turning off HSAO

Comment

Xbox players care not about such things as ping and decent frame rates.
                              But it's not a port at all...

I like the game, but the performance issues and certain other things are getting annoying. I hope they can fix it in the next few days, but I doubt it. The product on discs come release day won't be very different from what we see in the beta. There just isn't enough time to change a lot of this in the short time before they put it on discs and ship it to stores.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                                Xbox players care not about such things as ping and decent frame rates.
                                But it's not a port at all...

I like the game, but the performance issues and certain other things are getting annoying. I hope they can fix it in the next few days, but I doubt it. The product on discs come release day won't be very different from what we see in the beta. There just isn't enough time to change a lot of this in the short time before they put it on discs and ship it to stores.
                                If you read their twitters, you will see that the beta is not the current build. I am not sure how old it is, that depends on what it is they are testing. Gameplay and server load probably doesnt require a very recent build

Comment

Working...
                                X