Beta Getting Closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Getting Closer

The beta is ticking down for many and the questions are already filling up about keys and downloads. From the Battlefield Blog:
    BFBC2 PC on Steam For Pre-Order

Last week we finally released BFBC2 PC on Steam for pre-order. It was met with an overwhelmingly positive response and in just two days of being available rose to the #2 slot in sales last week and currently #1 for this week on Steam. So a HUGE "THANK YOU" to the Steam Community for the warm welcome and joining us in the Beta through your pre-order and a special "you rock" from our Executive Producer KM (L_Twin).

For those interested in pre-ordering BFBC2 PC on Steam can click here .

BFBC2 PC Beta on Steam

The Beta will appear in your "My Games" tab in your Steam client to all Steam pre-orders for day one access to the Beta.

Look for another blog later today with even more details on the Beta! :-D

//GvD

Unfortunately, no further information has been given yet. Also, members are reporting that Gamestop have pushed back their beta key release date to the 27th.

With so many people pre-ordering the game, I would not be surprised in some key delays for many. Would you?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Beta Getting Closer

When i got ot the battlefield site to look for the beta, it cannot be found.
    Will this change once it is the 28th?

The latest news and updates for all things Battlefield, the EA and DICE video game franchise.

Comment

I don't know. That link has been dead since DICE posted it up. I keep checking it, but nothing happens and no more word on it.

Crunch

Comment

If that link were to fail, is there another way i could activate my key?

Comment

So...battlefield is outselling mass effect 2 on steam. Mass effect 2 was released today. Nice.

Comment

Gah! My card was declined to pre-order! Stupid bank and their deposit holds. WHY THE F* WOULD YOU PUT A HOLD ON A CASH DEPOSIT!!!!

Comment

well if you put cash into a bank machine, they dont know its cash till the morning when they open the envelope! I know your pain......

so whats the deal, we get our keys then wait to download the beta and then play on the 28th?

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                If that link were to fail, is there another way i could activate my key?
                That beta site will not come active until the 28th. I do not think its to activate your key, but a means for people to get a key without pre-ordering. It could also be the spot for people to go and download the files or links to download them. I don't know that for sure, just that the site will not be live until the 28th.

Crunch

Comment

I shall check it tomorrow, hopefully it will be up then.
                  Maybe they do this for some type of security?

Comment

Originally posted by The Defeatest
                    well if you put cash into a bank machine, they dont know its cash till the morning when they open the envelope! I know your pain......
                    I did. Sunday Night.

240 bucks.

Apparently they give you the first hundred, and the rest when it's "verified". My cell got paid, my video game didn't. When will they release the final 140?

Comment

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta
                      GVD told me it will be up when it's ready.

Comment

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/beta
                        I think this is the correct url, http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/beta but theres still nothing there.

Comment

I hope we get a steam preload.

Comment

Is the Bad Company 2 Preorder the same as the Beta download in steam?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Is the Bad Company 2 Preorder the same as the Beta download in steam?
                              The pre-order is the actual full version of the game that will not be unlocked until later.

The beta download should now be seen in your "My Games" as a seperate game in steam.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X