Changelist Posted Since PS3 Beta for Bad Company 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changelist Posted Since PS3 Beta for Bad Company 2

|TG|Silver.7 posted in the forums the changes made since the PS3 beta for Bad Company 2, posted on the Battlefield blog. Check out the LONG list:

Fixed an exploit where players could deploy unlimited Ammo Boxes, Medkits, C4 and Mines.
    Fixed a bug where players could detonate Detpacks placed the previous life upon respawning.
    Detpacks can still be detonated if player's kit is picked up with in 15 seconds of his death.
    Lowered the damage Detpacks do to crates.

Fixed AntiTank Mines not detonating when driven over at medium speeds.
    AntiTank Mines should now properly persist after the player has died.

The Ammo Box, Medkit, Defibrillator, Repair Tool, and Motion Sensor are now unlocks for each class.
    Players new to Battlefield will be introduced to these teamplay items when they are unlocked.
    Battlefield Veterans will automatically have these teamplay items unlocked from the start. <!--more-->

Lowered the duration of spotted targets. Aiming at a close target will refresh the spot timer automatically.
    Lowered the effectiveness of the Sniper's Spotting Scope, targets must be tracked longer before spotting.
    Fixed so the player can properly spot from the UAV.
    Added an overheat to spotting to prevent spot and order spamming.
    Spotting now requires the player be aiming significantly closer to the target.

Added Destruction 2.0 to the Guard Towers around the first Defender Base on Arica Harbor (and all other maps).
    Fixed buildings collapsing without any warning sound or effects.
    Moved M-COM station A into a Garage at the second Defender Base on Arica Harbor.
    Fixed collision issues on the Patio in the upper level of the Town.
    Fixed sometimes spawning underneath the Patio in the Town.
    Fixed the collision problems with the Train Car containing M-COM stations on Arica Harbor's 3rd and 4th base.
    Train Cars now have more specific destruction zones to encourage mouse hole tactics.
    The Attacker's first base is now a protected spawn zone that defenders cannot enter.
    Added additional alternate spawn points to all bases for both Attackers and Defenders to counter spawn camping.
    Added a system that disables individual spawn points if enemies are within 20m. Does not apply to Squad Spawn.
    Players can still spawn at a base if all spawns points at that base are blocked.
    Spawn protection will be disabled if the player aims or fires during the short timer.
    Wrecked civilian cars now have secondary explosions when hit with explosive weapons.

The Attackers now recieve 75 reinforcement Tickets to start instead of 100.
    Taking a base restores the attackers to 75 Tickets instead of adding 50.

Improved soldier collision vs objects, especially for crouching under obstacles.
    Fixed issues with certain objects popping into view as the player approached.
    Reduced the amount of screen blur when in ultralow health.
    Increased the visual and audio feedback for low health, healing, and returning to full health.
    Out of Combat healing now starts sooner but takes longer to fully heal.
    Slightly increased the healing power of medkits to increase their usefulness.

Improved the sensitivity of soldier controls. Adjusting sensitivity should have a much greater effect now.
    Sensitivity when aimed is now consistent across all weapons.
    Turning while sprinting is now more responsive.
    Reduced forward input needed to sprint to 50% from 90% to smooth the transition to sprint.
    Tweaked aiming and turning curves to be more responsive from the hip and more precise when aiming.
    Fixed several issues with switching weapons and being unable to shoot or aim.
    Fixed the player's control setup reverting to default when entering and exiting vehicles.
    Fixed bugs when going to swim while sprinting.
    Sped up the deploy and undeploy animations for the parachute.
    Improved the precision for switching weapons on the Dpad.

Fixed several stats padding exploits.
    Fixed various awards that did not work as designed.
    Tweaked rank and class unlock progression based on data gathered in the beta.

So what are your thoughts on all these changes? Looks like a lot are final tweaks. You think we will see them all in time for the PC beta?
    Forum Post
    Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Changelist Posted Since PS3 Beta for Bad Company 2

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Added an overheat to spotting to prevent spot and order spamming.
    I sense fail. Although the intention is good, maybe after 3 just mute the sound. Instead of stopping spotting all together. Sometime you have to spam all around the target as you can be looking right at it and you still can't spot it. I'm not sure if this is fixed in BC2 but if it isn't then it's a bad compromise.

Comment

I'm very happy with all the changes. i did like planting c4 on a tank then dieing then respawning then blowing up said tank LOL but that should not be in the game so i am happy they fixed it.

i can't wait to play the PC beta now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
        I sense fail. Although the intention is good, maybe after 3 just mute the sound. Instead of stopping spotting all together. Sometime you have to spam all around the target as you can be looking right at it and you still can't spot it. I'm not sure if this is fixed in BC2 but if it isn't then it's a bad compromise.
        i agree. i hope this overheat is not after like 3 or so orders. cause if i see 4 or so people then it says i have to wait im going to be pissed.

BUT

i have to admit that i was a player in the beta that would spam the select button everywhere picking up players for my teamates to see. as long as this fix they did prevents that and not screw up peoples tring to spot people they really see, then im fine with it

Comment

Fixed changing weapons and not being able to aim or shoot lol FAIL! train lol

Comment

The less there are those stupid triangles showing your position across the map behind the smoke, the better. No spotting at all would be the best option.

Comment

In BF2 they had a volume control for this but it didnt work.Does this mean there is not going to be a volume control for this in BC2.It would not matter about spam if you could just turn it down.That was very annoying in BF2.I mean,you can just look at the mini map ,you don't have to hear the spots and orders to see them.

Comment

In BF2 they had a volume control for this but it didnt work.Does this mean there is not going to be a volume control for this in BC2.It would not matter about spam if you could just turn it down.That was very annoying in BF2.I mean,you can just look at the mini map ,you don't have to hear the spots and orders to see them.

Comment

in bf2 they had a spotting thing but i dont recall it bringing icons on the screen showing where the person was. it brought something up on the mini map and lasted VERY shortly.

and commanders had UAV. still miss the commander but in console games. dumb ****s would become commanders and not do a proper job being commander

Comment

Originally posted by ATM743
                    in bf2 they had a spotting thing but i dont recall it bringing icons on the screen showing where the person was. it brought something up on the mini map and lasted VERY shortly.

and commanders had UAV. still miss the commander but in console games. dumb ****s would become commanders and not do a proper job being commander
                    2142 has the sat track option which does a quick scan of the battlefield, I think that's what you meant. Can't recall if bf2 has the same thing as I haven't played as commander for ages.

Comment

"The Attacker's first base is now a protected spawn zone that defenders cannot enter."

Protected spawn zones suck. I don't care if this is only for a specific game-mode or whatever, it just shouldn't be in any game.

Also, the new forum design is ugly and jumbled.

Comment

Players new to Battlefield will be introduced to these teamplay items when they are unlocked.
                        Battlefield Veterans will automatically have these teamplay items unlocked from the start.
                        Anyone worried by that? How do you determine who's a vet and who's not? If you just ask the player, then of course most if not all players will say they are a veteran just so they get the items unlocked immediately (as they should be). If you base it on the face that they have BF:BC save data, then how do you judge PC players?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Pxl_Buzzard
                          Anyone worried by that? How do you determine who's a vet and who's not? If you just ask the player, then of course most if not all players will say they are a veteran just so they get the items unlocked immediately (as they should be). If you base it on the face that they have BF:BC save data, then how do you judge PC players?
                          2142 had a veteran status and what you had to do was go to a website and login with your BF2 account and submit your 2142 name. It would then register.

If that is what they mean, I am sure they will have a check system like that.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Chael
                            "The Attacker's first base is now a protected spawn zone that defenders cannot enter."

Protected spawn zones suck. I don't care if this is only for a specific game-mode or whatever, it just shouldn't be in any game.

Also, the new forum design is ugly and jumbled.
                            Yea. No more being a querillla in enemy´'s base.

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2
                              2142 has the sat track option which does a quick scan of the battlefield, I think that's what you meant. Can't recall if bf2 has the same thing as I haven't played as commander for ages.
                              yeah commanders had the sat track in 2142. bf2 has it, it was called area scan, i think. but both had UAV. you can put UAV over a base or area where allot of people were, as well as use sat track to spot players as a commander

Comment

Working...
                              X