Bad Company 2 PC Beta Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company 2 PC Beta Delayed

News trickled out of DICE yesterday that cleared up the situation with the PC Beta. Here is what they had to say:
    We wanted to update you, and slow the flood of tweets, on questions surrounding the BFBC2 PC Beta being cancelled. I'll get right to it and say "the BFBC2 PC Beta is not cancelled". Now this all started due to changes made to an earlier blog that removed the PC Beta from the details and the reason for this was the plan changed. With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate. Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations.

Here is a recap of the current PC features, and we can now confirm DX11 support with more details to come later!

PC Enhanced FeaturesUp to 32 Players on PCFull DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support

Looks good to me!

Re: Bad Company 2 PC Beta Delayed

Great news, though I would like to know more about the squad system on pc. I hope its 6 player squad with spawn only on squad leader.

Comment

Whoa.

I just caught this "Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield".

Does this mean that some maps won't support 32 players?

Comment

No harm done as long as they really mean early next year. :wee:

Looking forward to it, good that they are supporting many features. DX11 yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
          Whoa.

I just caught this "Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield".

I caught onto this too and thought the very same thing.

Comment

You know, it really destroys the mood of the community when every time a member posts a bit of information you close their thread and then repost it yourself. I don't care if that makes the forum more organized by having news in the new forum; I don't like it one bit.

Whoa.

oh snap.

Comment

That whole sentence is a mess anyway so I wouldn't take it too literally...

Comment

Whoa.

Obviously it is just boasting about having the biggest multiplayer maps so far.

Comment

I don't care if it's delayed as long as it's still coming and that it's going to be good.

Comment

Apparently those who are worried about the big maps and huge running distance that there currently is for infantry, Dice have something up their sleave but who knows.

Hmm DX9,10,11 all playing together wonder if there will be some hidden advantage of better lighting and graphics at long distances over those who are using DX9, doubt many are going to be playing on DX10 since vista is so bad.

Originally posted by jake_
                    You know, it really destroys the mood of the community when every time a member posts a bit of information you close their thread and then repost it yourself. I don't care if that makes the forum more organized by having news in the new forum; I don't like it one bit.
                    This is why this forum exsists.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                      So, OK, without this forum, how do you propose we put news on the front page of TBF?

Plus he got rep

Comment

Get used to it kid, in the real world, work gets stolen from people all the time and other people put their name on it. It's really just how things are. But I will agree that it does make things more organized.

Comment

Whoa.

Doubt it, I think their just trying to say that the maps are the biggest of the battlefield franchise. (Though I would really be surprised if their bigger than BF2)

Comment

Whoa.

It could also mean that you can have any amount of players (up to 32) playing on a larger sized map

Comment

ffffffuuuuuuuuu

Comment

Working...
                              X