GameStop Breaks Street Dates Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameStop Breaks Street Dates Again

GameStop stores in New Jersey have reportedly broken the street date on both Left 4 Dead 2 and Assassain's Creed 2, only the week after the much more widely publicized breaking of the Modern Warfare 2 release date. Kotaku brings us a scan of a receipt where someone managed to purchase both games:

Three GameStops in Jersey City, N.J. put Assassin's Creed II and Left 4 Dead 2 on sale today, calling in customers to pick up their preorders. Clerks said corporate authorized the move, blamed on a rogue independent breaking street first.

Is this line about Mom and Pop shops breaking the date a valid excuse, or is GameStop simply trying to drive them out of business? Leave your thoughts here.

Re: GameStop Breaks Street Dates Again

I don't like these early releases, keep them on their scheduled date. No matter what the store.

Comment

Is it those pesky "mom and pop" shops hurting Gamestop sells again?

Thats what happens when a company becomes a giant. They do what they want or they dont sell your stuff.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

One of these days Gamestop is going to break release date and get sued to hell and back for it, and i will laugh. Gamestop is the wall-mart of the games world, they do whatever they want when they want.

Comment

It's all down to greed really. If they break the street date and people hear about it, they'll be willing to empty their pockets for it, and all that money will go to the one store.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
            One of these days Gamestop is going to break release date and get sued to hell and back for it,
            What surprises me is that they haven't been sued yet...

Comment

Well Jillian is going to be out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                Well Jillian is going to be out of a job.
                That's the funny thing. If it turns out bad it will be that day, even if the person was ordered to do so, as it is always.

Comment

Originally posted by Kradath
                  That's the funny thing. If it turns out bad it will be that day, even if the person was ordered to do so, as it is always.
                  Yep the fall guy is printed on the reciept tbh it's a bit reckless of Kotaku not to edit out the name or any other identifiable details of the employee. They've pretty much got that person sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                    Yep the fall guy is printed on the reciept tbh it's a bit reckless of Kotaku not to edit out the name or any other identifiable details of the employee. They've pretty much got that person sacked.
                    They would have been able to look back at the books and determine who made the sale anyways. I doubt anyone will be fired. GameStop doesn't give two ****s.

Comment

They really should stop Gamestop from doing that.

Comment

LOL SWEET. I GO THERE EVERY WEEKEND. I might pick it up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                          LOL SWEET. I GO THERE EVERY WEEKEND. I might pick it up lol.
                          Cool reply bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Astley
                            Cool reply bro!
                            inorite?

Comment

Working...
                            X