Full Stat Tracking May Be Possible For Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Stat Tracking May Be Possible For Modern Warfare 2

This article from MTV Multiplayer shows a clip from Robert Bowling (402) talking about future stat tracking:
    you're hoping for a website that'll share all your "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" glories, akin to Bungie's "Halo" stat-tracking site, Bungie.net, you're fresh out of luck for launch. We spoke to Infinity Ward about the potential for a similar, community-based site for "Modern Warfare 2," which they didn't quite rule out, but admitted that it's not something that'll be built into the launch. Check out the video interview with Robert Bowling up top.

You can view the video here

Future plans for expanding the game. Very interesting. I wonder what other things they could expand into it?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Full Stat Tracking May Be Possible For Modern Warfare 2

good news, I think that ther will be some problems at launch but i m sure they will fix things if it seems that things dont work corectly by slowly patching the game.

Comment

At least we won't have to keep copying/pasting our profiles and whatnot everytime we want to back it up.

Comment

yeah that is a bonus but i would like a site that keeps stats ion our favourite weapon, map etc. like battlefield.

Comment

don't give a rat's a$$ about stats. i'm gonna enjoy the game without worrying about stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            don't give a rat's a$$ about stats. i'm gonna enjoy the game without worrying about stats.
            LOL says the guy with a big sig of his stats.
            Funny how IW said that they not going to borrow any ideas from COD:waw:shock:, but its ok to borrow from DICE(BF2).

Comment

Originally posted by l=l-ONeill-l=l
              Funny how IW said that they not going to borrow any ideas from COD:waw:shock:, but its ok to borrow from DICE(BF2).
              haha yeah, but i made the decision, after BF2142, i will never care about stats. i just want to have fun, not worry about getting points every second. plus just because i sport this sig doesn't mean i'm a supporter of stat tracking. in fact, i'd rather not have stat tracking at all, like the days of BF1942 and Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by l=l-ONeill-l=l
                Lol very true, but i like stats, not only for bragging but showing people that you have played and know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                  Lol very true, but i like stats, not only for bragging but showing people that you have played and know what you are talking about.
                  this is video games we're talking about.

Comment

They'll be too busy trying to stop Denial of Service attacks on IW.net.

Comment

Hope IW.net blows up in their face, and they start running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                        Stats are ok because it shows people that you are not a some noob, that doesn't know what is he talking about. But on the other hand, how does one know that you didn't stat pad to get where you are.( not trying to say that about you)
                        I like the idea of chalenges in the game and I guess it's ok to get awarded for it. Even if it a digital award.

Comment

Working...
                        X