Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE now $60 richer thanks to dedicated servers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE now $60 richer thanks to dedicated servers!

Originally posted by Minmaster
    why are they making a big deal out of something that was planned anyways? if it wasn't for the IW debacle, nobody would be celebrating dedicated server support.
    Even OP Dragon Rising is feeling the heat. If you want some great entertainment please check out the OPDR forums:
    Can my computer run this game? How do I update my game? Get answers to your questions and join the Battlefield, EA SPORTS FC, Madden, Mass Effect, EA app, F1, Star Wars or The Sims communities.

DICE deserve thier share of complaints but they've churned out some pretty amazing games and BF Bad Company and BF3 are games I will not hesitate to pre-order because I know that the majority of players will happy.

Comment

I should do the same thing. A great idea!

Comment

DICE should be nice and rip up the check and send back a letter saying "Thank you so much, but please just buy another copy of our game for a friend."

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
          DICE should be nice and rip up the check and send back a letter saying "Thank you so much, but please just buy another copy of our game for a friend."
          yea, that would be the responsible thing to do but i promise.....someone already spent it on pizza and a few lotto tickets.......besides....that's the best $60 DICE ever got PAID for good publicity.........

Comment

If DICE support Dedis all the way from launch, this guy will be my hero

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
              yea, that would be the responsible thing to do but i promise.....someone already spent it on pizza and a few lotto tickets.......besides....that's the best $60 DICE ever got PAID for good publicity.........
              I hear ya.

But the publicity is there whether they spend the money or not. They'd look more philanthropic if they just said "It was nice but we sent the check back with our autographs and this cool T-shirt. Hopefully he uses the money to buy another copy for a friend!"

I mean look at the handwriting, this guy has to be like 17 or something. He needs to be spending that money on beer and hookers!

Are you listening DICE? You're milking a feature that was already built in. I don't blame you (especially since IW is spitting on us right now). If you're going to use it, do it in a responsible manner that helps us forget the evil machine that runs you.

If the PC gaming community has taught you anything, it's that followings and fanboys fade quickly without respect for your customers. You weren't the most popular PC developer for a while there.

As long as you continue to impress us with the PC titles though, I'll stop complaining when you make a console game or two.

PS: ANY EURO WHO SUCCESSFULLY NAMES THE ROCK ON THE CHECK BACKGROUND WINS 5 TROYBOB POINTS

Comment

... for cheques for $60 !

Comment

why is part of his letter blacked out? is there some sort of secret we do not need to know about.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                    why is part of his letter blacked out? is there some sort of secret we do not need to know about.
                    To prevent identity theft.

Comment

The guy who sent this letter is an authist, one of his teammates told us in the EA/UK forums for Bad Company 2.

Maybe that explains his writing.

Comment

authist? or autistic?

Comment

Working...
                        X