Party Chat Could Be Limited For Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Chat Could Be Limited For Modern Warfare 2

An interesting article by 1up.com mentioning a rumor that Party Chat may be limited. This article explains:

Infinity Ward may be taking steps to block one of the more commonly used methods of Xbox Live multiplayer cheating, according to a post on NeoGAF. It shows off a blurry screenshot (right), which reads: "This multiplayer session requires that you be in the game chat channel. If you don't switch, you can't play. Switch to the game chat channel now?" The implication, obviously, is that at least some of the multiplayer game types won't let you have private chats with your buddies. This is solidly in rumor territory for now, but it's a move that makes sense for the game. <!--more-->

It's bound to cause some complaints among those who just legitimately like talking to their friends, but the Party Chat feature has also been used by some savvy players to continue talking strategy when the game would mute them. A dead player, for example, could give away the location of the enemy that just killed him without waiting to respawn. Given how seriously people take the multiplayer aspect of Modern Warfare, it makes sense to level the playing field.

What do you all think of this move if it were true? Would it help on spying problems or does it make a difference for anyone?

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Party Chat Could Be Limited For Modern Warfare 2

Whats wrong with ghosting?

Comment

Ghosting in COD4 is allowed in competition. In fact, it's all about good comms. If you die you need to call where he shot you from, how many are left or any other information. Let's say it's a one vs two. Your alive and you ask your teammates to guess their last known location. Since I play B bombsite and see him more frequently there, I suggest to him he likes to hide near X or Y of a place based on previous rounds. Turns out, he was hiding there.

So what they are doing is incredibly dumb if it ever make's its way to PC. Honestly, I bet they have some sort of kill command to disable teamspeak and ventrilo so you are required to use IWnet to talk to your friends.

They need to stop focusing on trying to control everything and just focus on making a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite
        They need to stop focusing on trying to control everything and just focus on making a good game.
        This is EXACTLY how i feel. IW has gotten to greedy with control because they think that (and it probably will) MW2 will sell as much or many more copies as COD4 did.

i feel there are people in IW that are throwing out ideas and not thinking though them thoroughly.

They are feeding off their own power that they know they have but doing it so much that they are digging their own grave.

Comment

I didn't know multiplayer was taken so seriously, LoL

Comment

Working...
          X