Interview with Chet Faliszek at Eurogamer Expo 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Chet Faliszek at Eurogamer Expo 2009

Halflife2.net had a chance to corner Valve's Chet Faliszek at this year's Eurogamer Expo 2009 to ask him a few Left 4 Dead 2 related questions.
    How are L4D1 and L4D2 connected story wise?

Chet:
    We're not talking about that yet. Same world, same infection. Bill's not dead, he's still alive. (points to Bill).

Have you emphasised the approach to story this time since fans on the forums pieced together the story from Left 4 Dead 1? It seemed like players wanted more from it?

Chet:
    We always had the plan to not do a traditional story and leak it out the way we did. The way the story turned out in Left 4 Dead 1 was that you were thrown into the zombie apocalypse, and you'd have no idea what is going on. So now in Left 4 Dead 2 we weren't sure how we'd be able to run with the next big talk about the story with 4 new characters and a fresh perspective. We've always had different plans for the world and the story telling in it. I think it's working pretty well, some people in the demo are already starting to raise questions to try and figure some stuff out.

Do you have any further plans for L4D1 DLC?

Chet:
    We have an update which is coming out really soon, not exactly sure when. It will be out for the PC and the 360. I've been out the office a lot so I can't say exactly when.
    More L4D DLC on the way? Sounds good! Be sure to check out more of the interview and HL2.net's hands-on impressions of playing as the Infected in the Scavenge mode.
Working...
X