G4 Has Huge Modern Warfare 2 Preview Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 Has Huge Modern Warfare 2 Preview Blowout

G4 has a series of interviews as well as a Co-Op mission with the AC-130 Gunship. Check this out:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jOv5sLF2t5I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jOv5sLF2t5I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> <!--more-->
    Unless you've been living under a rock or are currently participating in a PC version boycott, Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 should be furiously blipping on your assault rifle-mounted hype sensor.

Adam Sessler, lucky devil that he is, recently traveled to Infinity Ward's studios to talk with the brains behind the game. Up first, he talks with Joel Emslie, lead character artist, about the co-operative Spec-Ops mode and we've got an exclusive reveal on one of the game's missions. Hint: it involves an AC-130 gunship, laser targeting, and epic badassness.

You can see the rest of the interviews here.

Source
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: G4 Has Huge Modern Warfare 2 Preview Blowout

Good find.

Comment

This looks quite awesome.

Comment

Another example on a console. All the vids are from XBox 360 or (more often) PS3, console monkeys.

Comment

Is that gun he was using an AR or LMG because for an LMG it has little to no recoil (i know its console but still), and if its an AR it has a **** ROF.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
            Is that gun he was using an AR or LMG because for an LMG it has little to no recoil (i know its console but still), and if its an AR it has a **** ROF.
            Its the SCAR H which is an AR.

Comment

I guess it has high damage then as that was a rather slow ROF. Also the sounds are horrible, they call that a gun? sounded more like a maraca.

Comment

I guess it has high damage then as that was a rather slow ROF. Also the sounds are horrible, they call that a gun? sounded more like a maraca.
                Yeah, not sure if it matters, but its a 7.62x51 mm AR, so unlike the G3 its slow rather than semi, but accurate and powerful (hopefully)

Comment

With people already starting to get the game is there a released and confirmed equipment list anywhere?

Comment

With people already starting to get the game is there a released and confirmed equipment list anywhere?
                    There are equipment lists everywhere, but they are all a bit different and nothing confirmed.

This is one of those maps where you and your buddy are going to fight it out for who has the gunship

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If im honest it looks a lot of fun to be on the ground aswell. Especially if you have a good mic connection with your partner. Seeing some of those blasts fall out of the sky knowing they are not scripted and the guy could easily screw you over is a bit of fun :P

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

i would totally rock my friend with the 105mm "accidentally" lol

Comment

How many of the co-op maps are in the game?

Probably will be it's main redeeming multiplayer mode, pretty sure everyone can host a game with one other player.

Comment

Did anyone else recognize that the level looks very similar to one of the levels in the SAS campaign portion of MW1? The one where at the end the AC130 comes in and blows up the vehicles at the gas station. Possibly the MW1 campaign is available aswell as the MW2 campaign for COOP?

Comment

Working...
                              X