Rumor:Modern Warfare 2 3rd Person View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor:Modern Warfare 2 3rd Person View

The latest Rumor floating around is that Modern Warfare 2 will have a 3rd person view. This all comes about from a video posted from france. Someone seems to have gotten the game early and posted 3rd person view movie from in game.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fePUM0u5cuY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now i repeat "THIS IS A RUMOR!". Nothing has been confirmed from Infinity Ward. What are your thoughts on a 3rd person view in MW2?

Original Story..

UPDATE

Rumor is no longer a rumor. From 402 twitter:
    Yes there's a leaked video. Yes it confirms a new Playlist type in #MW2 & yes it's why I recommend a media blackout.

Source

Re: Rumor:Modern Warfare 2 3rd Person View

Set sail, for an increasing amount of fail! Unless it's a game mode where everyone has it. In which case, meh not for me.

Not that I'm buying it anyway.

Comment

I don't think many FPS games come with a 3'rd person view due to the speed of the game making it impossible to aim etc but you can enable it through to console usually.
      That is what I believe this is.

Comment

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy (Multiplayer side) would disagree with you.

Comment

I imagine this was done through console also.

Comment

How do you bring up the console for the PS3? Because this person is definitely playing on a PS3.

Comment

I think it is a separate game mode. Like Zombies or Hard Core, where everyone would be 3rd person view.

team deathmatch
              free-for-all
              domination
              ground war
              sabotage
              HQ Pro
              Search and destroy
              capture the flag
              demolition
              3rd person team deathmatch
              hardcore team deathmatch
              hardcore Search and destroy
              teamdeathmatch ...(cant read) (maybe something like team tactical)
              cage match 3rd person

Someone from IW forums translated.

Comment

Pretty slick game modes! Damn the French, getting MW2 3 weeks early. Why is it French and German gamers have been getting the games (mostly consoles) so early, the same thing happened with ODST.

Comment

It could be a spectator view... the person recording could be spectating the person playing... world at war had a 3rd person spectator view and so did the console version of cod4... the pc version was suppose to get it in cod4 as a patch that was never released... IW at their finest...

Comment

Can you say Call of Duty: Heroes

Could they make this game worse!?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      Can you say Call of Duty: Heroes

Could they make this game worse!?
                      As the translation points out, there are only a hand full of 3rd person POV game types. Think this could be interesting.

Comment

Makes more sense on a console, generally not a fan of third person shooters.

Comment

In single player or as a spectator, I think its cool as it will make making movies with it a lot easier.

Now if this is 3rd person for the individual in multiplayer, that can cause problems as it will let you look around corners and over objects that you wouldnt see as a first person.

Kinda like vehicles in Battlefield in third person. I was able to see into things and around things without having to expose the vehicle. I guess if everyone could do it, it would balance out, but I dont see that as fun.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

never liked it in BF, but I must say it was useful in an APC and a tank.
                            Kinda sucked when you were in a jet and didnt mean to hit that "view" key

Comment

I really hope there will be a SP unlock cheat thats 3rd person =p

Comment

Working...
                              X