Dedicated Server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC

GordonVanDyke has posted a dedicated server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC.

Will there be an option to have my own dedicated server? Yes, DICE will have trusted partners with datacenters worldwide that you'll be able to rent a dedicated server from ensuring you always have a quality server in your region.

How much will it cost to rent a dedicated server for Battlefield Bad Company 2? Because these are offered by the trusted partners we can't answer that, but they will be priced fairly according to your market.

Can I control my server with remote admin tools? Yes, you will have the ability manage your server via remote admin tools allowing you to manage your server, your way.

Is there the option to give my server a custom name? Yes, you'll be able to name your server what you like.
    <!--more-->
    Will I be able to make a reserve list for my server? Yes, you will be able to reserve a limited amount of space on your server when public for whom ever you like.

Am I able to host a private match? Yes, you will be able to password protect your server.

Is there a client server browser to view server lists? Yes, clients on the PC will have a full server's browser to select the server they'd like to play on.

Can I earn ranks and rewards on my rented server? Yes! You will be able to run your server as Ranked allowing you to still earn unlocks, rewards, and host a server for all to enjoy.

Are PC clients going to be match made to servers? No, PC clients will use their server browser and filter options.

Will you have an anti-cheat requirement? Yes, all dedicated servers and clients on PC will be required to have the anti-cheat software running at all times.

With the fallout over the MW2 no dedicated server bomb, this might get some people to drop MW2 and hop on the BFBC2 train.

Full Story...

Re: Dedicated Server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC

Seems like Dice are milking this at the moment due to the debacle going on at Activision and Infinity Ward.

Good luck to them.

Am starting to look forward to BC2.

I guess they will be using punkbuster again?

Comment

Originally posted by bogie170
      Seems like Dice are milking this at the moment due to the debacle going on at Activision and Infinity Ward.

Good luck to them.

Am starting to look forward to BC2.

I guess they will be using punkbuster again?

yeah its funny how dice is trying to look good

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
        they are good already, no wait they are god already

Comment

Can you blame them? ... i cannot blame them at all...

Personally i am looking forward to BFBC2 on both platforms, since even on PS3 and XboX they are using dedicated servers :salute:

Gordon got his start as a mod developer so i am sure he knows the importance of Dedicated servers .....

these guys ROK <---- ya gotta be old school to get that one LOL

Comment

I would like to know if you can turn the kill cam off , on ranked servers ???

Comment

They are actually being smart. You cant blame them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Crrrazzzy
                Can you blame them? ... i cannot blame them at all...

Personally i am looking forward to BFBC2 on both platforms, since even on PS3 and XboX they are using dedicated servers :salute:

Gordon got his start as a mod developer so i am sure he knows the importance of Dedicated servers .....

these guys ROK <---- ya gotta be old school to get that one LOL
                Woot Rise of Kobol! Haha I got that.

Comment

LOL! As if they're is enough questions about dedicated servers to warrant a FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
                    LOL! As if they're is enough questions about dedicated servers to warrant a FAQ.
                    lol. well apparently IW thinks dedicated servers are so hard to setup and configure and to find matches with it makes you want to go poopy :shakehead:

Comment

Right, so did anyone actually learn anything from this?

IW dropped dedicated server support. Did everyone suddenly forget what they were?

Comment

They are milking the whole IW situation, but why wouldn't they? It's an awesome time to do some advertising and get word out

Comment

how can a server that cost over $200 in 2005 now go for $60 in 2009? since I am a rocket scientist, thats how EA makes their money.

Comment

shouldnt this be STD for PC users?

Comment

I think treyarch put the fear of god into DICE.

Comment

Working...
                              X