Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoD:WaW - PC Patch 1.6 and Map Pack 3 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CoD:WaW - PC Patch 1.6 and Map Pack 3 Released!

Originally posted by Luremus
    Wow, you completely missed the point of my post.

I have no problem with 4 maps taking 1,2GB of space.
    It`s the 2x4,5GB space for 4 maps that i think is overkill.
    I have, like many others, a 74GB raptor as systemdisk C, and a 500GB disk for the rest.
    My C disk filled up and i have installed CoD:WaW on the bigger disk. But the patch demands a minimum of 4,5GB free space on C, where the game is not installed!
    For a patch that is only 1,2GB.

Summary:
    I have absolutely nothing against free content, or the size of it, only the actual installprosess that demands all that free space.
    Oh, so you're saying the extra space required to install it instead of just the 1.2 gb, I got you. I believe that was just a misinterpretation which can happen on the internet with text. I'm never really sure why patches/games do that were they actually require extra free space on top of the space required to install. Never made a lot of sense to me. Is it due to temporary files during install or something? Sorry if it felt like I attacked you. :salute:

Comment

Re: CoD:WaW - PC Patch 1.6 and Map Pack 3 Released!

ill never complane about the size of a patch/update, it could be 5 gigs.. ill still down load it,.. why b/c i love the game :yay:

but there was never anything about needed 3-5 extra gigs for the install process..

i remember a few years ago you could tell ware to put the temp files before the install would start... for other games..

well after moving/deleteing 4 gigs of stuff i got it installed, goin to play it later tonight

OT: love the podcast :thumbsup:

me

ps sry to kick over a hornest nest with this

Comment

Working...
      X