TF2 Removes All Items from Idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 Removes All Items from Idling

Following the release of the now-popular (or at least it was a few hours ago) program that allowed users to "idle" in a fake TF2 server to earn items, Valve has finally released an official policy, and my take is that 4.5% of players aren't going to like it.
    Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process.

Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats.

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications.
    Source

Re: TF2 Removes All Items from Idling

hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

never idled :wee:

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers
      hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

never idled :wee:
      Same :wee:

Comment

I was wondering what that was!

Comment

I loled at the new hat.

Comment

Got ma halos. Lawl.

Comment

Hilarious. It'd be better if they forced all the idlers to wear a silly pink hat for a month...since 95% of us got the halo it's not really all that special.

Comment

Woot, Halo for me!

Comment

Hats are mith

Those Idle followers will burn for their blasphemy. ; )

Comment

:wee:

check out all the ragers over at steam forums, apparently all the people who got items removed are not going to heal people with halos.. all FIVE PERCENT OF THEM (ohno)

:laugh:

Comment

Some people act like they don't care for the hats, then the same people make something out of this.

Comment

[media]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7850/1251991763353.png[/media]

:awes2

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                          [media]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7850/1251991763353.png[/media]

:awes2
                          Too small

Edit: had to open in new tab/window

Comment

Haha, I'm totally the middle guy in the last frame. I love seeing people get so worked up about losing the pixels they waited so hard for

Not that I really blame people for idling though, it's Valve's own fault for continuing their trend of demolishing the fun parts of TF2 in favor of an MMORPG system that nobody wants. But people need to calm down. I mean, it's not like you've expended any effort to get those items. You double clicked an icon.

Comment

I'll admit it, I idled.

But I never got anything other then dupes from it, so I don't really care about them getting taken away.

And since they said trading is still being developed, and my friend who doesn't play TF2 anymore will get a halo next time he opens the game....well, I'm sure I can think of a suitable trade for those sniper items he would want.

Frankly, I also laughed at all those people QQ'ing about it on steam forums. I mean, you should have known the risk when you did it.

Comment

Working...
                              X