X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IW Will Not Copy Anything from CoD:WaW

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    LOL, thanks Joker
    I love both CoD4 and W@W. Both had some great things and some bad things. I just feel that W@W is more polished and balanced than 4 was. Its just my opinion and only mine. Thats why it bugs me when people come out and trash one or the other game. For the most part, its simply not true.

Crunch
    I agree. I never got WAW (I plan to, just need to get a job first then a new video card), but I am sick of hearing people say "oh, WAW was SOOOOOOOOOOO Much better, infinity ward should just die" and vice versa, and Im not for knocking down a game that I have only played the wii version of (i played waw on wii at my cousins). People need to see both sides of the story. Maybe the HR people on both sides need to consult their community manager.

Comment

9. Improve weapon sounds which no CoD has done yet.
      How many years of CoD games being made does this have to be talked about yet there is never a resolution. I have never like the CoD staple guns, and many others don't either. FIX IT FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! >_<

The other thing...floating like I'm David Blaine. I don't need to get sick from the weapon bob, but my goodness, it makes a difference to the cool/natural feeling in a game when I have a slight weapon bob instead of hovering like Snoop after he smokes his weed.

And I also find it ridiculous that these two developers do not help each other out. Granted, the competition does somewhat help us as gamers, but we also get hurt by it. Put your pride away devs and make us the best CoD ever...I say that with my 5 year old hopeful face realizing it probably won't happen.

Comment

Take the sound team that did Medal of Honor Airborne and pair them up with IW, then you would have a truly award winning team.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
          Take the sound team that did Medal of Honor Airborne and pair them up with IW, then you would have a truly award winning team.
          FREAKING QFT! I wanted to say this, but I hoped somebody else would to bring it up also. MoH: Airborne had guns that sounded like the thunder from the heavens. That game deserves a 15/10 for sounds. MoH games have always had good sound though. At least their sound production team can always be proud. :thumbsup:

Comment

I noticed something while reading the original interview. As a lot of people on this very thread have stated that 402 was saying that treyarch don't know what they are talking about I noticed that he was actually only talking about Noah Heller.

"Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the f**k they’re talking about?"
            source

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal_Joker
              I said once on Customcod.com an I will say it here

I am NOT a Infinity Ward fanboy an I am NOT a Treyarch fanboy I am a CALL OF DUTY fanboy.

I am a fan of the series not the Developers. Call of Duty is CALL OF DUTY no matter who developed the game.
              My thoughts as well.

Comment

Rivalry is good

It makes better games so shh.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite
                  Rivalry is good

It makes better games so shh.
                  I hope so. Both the new cods had a lot of problems up front. Even the exact same problems. Maybe MW2 and W@W2 will be better.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I hope so. Both the new cods had a lot of problems up front. Even the exact same problems. Maybe MW2 and W@W2 will be better.

Crunch
                    W@W2? I thought that treyarch might be making a Vietnam game (If so I cant wait). Only and Idiot would make another ww2 game for a community which caused such an uproar over it (Im not saying its bad, but I dont think the community would like to see another ww2 cod sorry to say)

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing another one with a few more battles from the Pacific theater

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        W@W2? I thought that treyarch might be making a Vietnam game (If so I cant wait). Only and Idiot would make another ww2 game for a community which caused such an uproar over it (Im not saying its bad, but I dont think the community would like to see another ww2 cod sorry to say)
                        They didn't cause an uproar b/c it was WWII. Some of the people new to the CoD series where CoD4 was their first game were pissed, but many other CoD fans were glad WWII was coming back. Their uproar had to do more with the problems with it, not the game era.

And Treyarch has said in interviews that they wanted to do WWII like no one else, the gruesome edge, how it really was at the end of the war so they could 'put an end to it.' So correct, they probably will be moving on.

However, Crunch is not wrong in calling the next one World at War 2 b/c that could be Treyarch's name for their CoD games just like Modern Warfare is IW's. It's not called World at World War II, it's World at War. Heck, in IW's MW2, you have Brazil, Russia, the Middle East, the US, it could be a "World at War" game, you see?

Comment

Also, I just used W@W2 more as a placeholder, since we don't know what the game will be. It just means whatever Treyarch will be doing next in CoD.

Crunch

Comment

Also, I just used W@W2 more as a placeholder, since we don't know what the game will be. It just means whatever Treyarch will be doing next in CoD.

Crunch
                            Ah k fair enough.

Comment

I vote we (the TotalCoD community) storm IW and Trey, take it over, and make Crunch the prezzy

Dude, the man speaks like a GOD!!! It's like he knows what I'm thinking.......... (see page 3.)

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                                I vote we (the TotalCoD community) storm IW and Trey, take it over, and make Crunch the prezzy

Dude, the man speaks like a GOD!!! It's like he knows what I'm thinking.......... (see page 3.)

I dont think we need to go that far. They both are doing pretty well at making games we enjoy. Besides, making me run the stuff probably wouldnt be the best idea since my background has little experience in business marketing or game development

This thread comes down to communication. Its a very hard thing to accomplish anyway and people will read things into stuff that just isn't there.

Someone I thought would be great doing this stuff in here is Whiskey. He can explain stuff that makes more sense and diffuse a situation of misunderstanding like he is some type of psycologist or something. If we were going to do some take over, that would be my choice for running the show

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X