EA Los Angeles Unveils Official Name For Command And Conquer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Los Angeles Unveils Official Name For Command And Conquer 4

EA announces that the community has chosen Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight as official name.

In the name of Kane – the fans have spoken. Today EA Los Angeles announces the official name for the upcoming iteration of the award-winning real-time strategy series, Command & Conquer 4. Scheduled for a 2010 release, Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight was chosen by the series’ dedicated fan base as their favorite name for the next installment of the best-selling game franchise. More than 15,000 fans from all over the world submitted their ideas via www.commandandconquer.com, with Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight being the most popular title for EALA’s conclusion to the epic Tiberium saga.

“Our sophisticated fans are a tremendous community with a great love for the series. We really wanted to involve them in Command &Conquer 4 – what better way than to have them create the title?” said Mike Glosecki, Lead Producer on Command & Conquer 4 at EA Los Angeles. “We were blown away by all the creative names they came up with but the most popular selection, Tiberian Twilight, seemed the best fit, embodying that the saga is coming to a powerful and epic conclusion.”

Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight brings a multitude of innovations to the fast and action-packed C&C gameplay that fans have come to love in the series’ 15-year legacy. Introducing mobile bases, persistent player progression, a 3-class system and an objective-based 5v5 multiplayer, Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will bring fans more strategic depth and compelling new gameplay variations than any C&C game before. With the return of the series’ signature high quality live action cinematics, including Joe Kucan as the Brotherhood of Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane, Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight is set out to give fans a powerful and stunning conclusion to their beloved saga.

Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight will be available for the PC in 2010. For more information visit www.commandandconquer.com or get the latest intel on everything Command & Conquer on twitter at http://twitter.com/ea_apoc.

Re: EA Los Angeles Unveils Official Name For Command And Conquer 4

Trying to sap searches off of Twilight? Clever dogs.

Comment

Lets hope this has some remembrance of RA2

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
        Trying to sap searches off of Twilight? Clever dogs.
        Or because Tiberian Twilight had been the rumored name for the third installment (and finale) originally brought up when C&C was still developed by Westwood.

i.e.
        Tiberian Dawn (C&C '95)
        Tiberian Sun
        Tiberian Twilight

Comment

Tiberian Dawn (C&C '95)
          Tiberian Sun
          Tiberian Twilight

That just blew my mind. Why didnt i figure that out?

Comment

Originally posted by Boreas
            That just blew my mind. Why didnt i figure that out?
            I don't mean this offensively in the least bit, but its possibly because you aren't old enough to remember the glory days of C&C. Tiberian Twilight was supposed to be the next big thing before EA took over and murdered Westwood Studios.

For what its worth, this is the same username I've been using since C&C '95 and Westwood Online.

Comment

WHERES TIBERIUM THAT FPS THEY PROMISED.

Oh right those ****ers canceled it.

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                WHERES TIBERIUM THAT FPS THEY PROMISED.

Oh right those ****ers canceled it.
                No TGN canceled it first. Then EA followed suit. Total Tiberium closed down then 2 weeks later the game was canceled.

Comment

Working...
                X