BF:BC2 MP Beta and Game Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF:BC2 MP Beta and Game Details

That's right, a BF:BC2 beta will be coming out as it was announced at Gamescom. IGN reports that "DICE outlines the six components that will make the sequel the best online shooter you'll ever play." Read below for more details about the game:
    The gang at DICE know something about making multiplayer shooters. Having dominated the genre with the successful Battlefield franchise, they're currently hard at work on Bad Company 2, the sequel to their modern-setting game. Patrick Bach, senior producer of the project, gave us some insight today into how the team is hoping to make the new game the best in the series' history thanks to six key components -- sandbox gameplay, vehicle combat, squad based tactics, destructible environments, kit customization and achievements.

The sandbox appeal of the game relies on large landscapes but Patrick is quick to point out that size isn't the only factor that matters; lots of games can have big maps, but the challenge is to pack them with enough interesting detail to give players interesting places to play. There need to be houses and villages for the infantry, large open spaces for the vehicles and no golden routes that force players into predictable paths. Still, there do need to be balanced pressure points for the maps, particularly with modes that focus on controlling key areas.<!--more-->

The size of the maps also supports vehicle play. The game will include 15 vehicles that run the gamut from tanks to boats to helicopters to ATVs. 15 isn't just an arbitrary number, though; the team wants to make sure that each vehicle has a purpose and a unique tactical impact on the game. The Black Hawk helicopter, for instance, can transport up to four soldiers to distant parts of the battlefield, which makes it a crucial tool in your armory.

Squad elements have been substantially improved since the original Bad Company. Players can now spawn next to their four-person teams and use special push-to-speak controls to send commands to specific members of the fire team. There were also be unique achievements and rewards for team play. Best of all, the game has done away with the global spotting system, so now you'll have to spot each enemy individually and even get close enough to see whether or not they're a friendly or an enemy. The final two of the game's four total modes will also rely heavily on squads but DICE didn't reveal more details.

In terms of destruction, Bad Company 2 is miles beyond what we've already seen. The tactical advantages of cover are much less certain now as tanks, grenades and even rifle fire can tear through objects in the game world. The upside is that blowing up walls and buildings can help players create their own fire points and open up new lines of sight. The potential for this to completely change each battle is huge, and we're hoping it doesn't just all end up with players climbing over endless fields of rubble by the end.

Kit customization is another integral part of the experience. With four classes -- assault, recon, engineer and medic --, more than 40 weapons (including three classics for 1943 owners), 200 weapon customization options, 15 gadgets, and your choice of two of 13 different specializations, players can really equip themselves according to their own needs and not the expectations of the designers. So if you want to be a medic with an M1 Garand, a defibrillator, a stamina boost and a few extra clips, you can do it. Or you might be an engineer with mortar strikes and improved armor. Or a recon soldier with motion sensors and red dot scopes.

The new achievements are grouped into four broad categories. 50 ranks measure your overall score and progress through every stage of the game. 40 pins provide rewards for performance within an individual round, like getting a certain number of kills. 228 stars rank your performance with each individual weapon, so you can see where you and your opponents are strongest. Finally, 40 insignias reward the long term investment of players with recognition of things like the length of time played overall.

Fans of the game can try it out on the show floor or wait until the upcoming beta is launched, which was announced during our demo.

Sounds like this game is shaping up to be a blast. Hopefully, it will deliver across all platforms.

Source

Re: BF:BC2 MP Beta and Game Details

i bet the beta is only gonna be for the 360 and ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_calibur
      i bet the beta is only gonna be for the 360 and ps3.
      Yup, Although there will be twitter posts that will say there will be pc related beta or info, but they will be lying.

KMT im looking at you. <<

Comment

I like the idea of the customizeable kits, that along with the destructible environment will make for a much wider variety of possibilities. I think it will add to the longevity of the game. Very much looking forward to the release.

Comment

I really hope there is a PS3 beta so they can straighten out the damn Bluetooth microphones which were not fixed in Bad Company or 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
            I really hope there is a PS3 beta so they can straighten out the damn Bluetooth microphones which were not fixed in Bad Company or 1943.
            So...is that why I hear so many, "sdjeeljka, lsjleja" and I can't understand people talking in BF1943? :|: lol

Comment

There should be a beta for all platforms. Would make for a good release on all platforms.

Comment

I don't think there will be beta for PC. Read newest post about reasons of 1943 PC delay.

Engine for PC is not ready.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
                  So...is that why I hear so many, "sdjeeljka, lsjleja" and I can't understand people talking in BF1943? :|: lol
                  Your lucky to hear anything at all man. 75% of the time you can't hear any other mics. Its embarrasing that they've released 2 games where the mics dont work properly on the PS3. If they still don't work on BC2 then the new squad based game modes will go out of the window, maybe with my copy of the game as well!!!

Although I am willing to beta test to rectify this problem

Comment

Originally posted by ponton
                    I don't think there will be beta for PC. Read newest post about reasons of 1943 PC delay.

Engine for PC is not ready.

Simples.
                    yeah its not ready now for their said september release of the FINAL build.

the beta for Bad company 2 wont probably go live till January or February. and by that time they should be in beta stages for the PC Frostbite engine, there for pc should get a beta

and IMO being that the this and 1943 will be the first PC game with the Frostbite engine, i expect that the beta would be only for pc or at least for pc for them to test out the new engine.

Comment

We'll just have to wait & see.

Comment

Screw "wait and see"; here I am, send me a key and send me an link and lets do it already! My triger finger is itching to see all your smiling faces again through my scope.

Comment

cant wait =)

Comment

itll be on PC.................awesome

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will deliver a level of destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open world environments never before experienced in a modern warfare action game.

Comment

But will the beta come out for PC? and when?:salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X