Building a Better Battlefield Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a Better Battlefield Vehicle

no in Bad Company 2 its 5 total: 1 pilot, 2 in the gunner seats, and 2 in the back.

Battlefield 2 (yr. 2005) has 6 total: 1 pilot, 2 in the gunner seats, and 3 in the back.

Project Reality (bf2 mod) has 8 total

The real Black hawk can hold 14 people in total :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerGhost

Lol I like how DICE is de-evolving the bf series. its like repacking some gun or vehicle from BF: Vietnam and putting it in BF3 and DICE saying "ooo isn't that shiny. makes you want to spend another $50 doesn't it?", like were all retards or something.
      Its been going on for a few months now. Like when they first announced 1943 and were trying to convince people that , "You don't need lots of players and a big battlefield to have epic battles". For whatever reason, they are actually going backwards in terms of development and think they can sell this as a good thing. Those of us who have been here since the beginning know better.

Originally posted by Minmaster
      this is a sequal to Bad company, not BF2. don't compare the 2, you'll only upset yourself.
      As if its his fault DICE is whoring the Battlefield name out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
        Its been going on for a few months now. Like when they first announced 1943 and were trying to convince people that , "You don't need lots of players and a big battlefield to have epic battles". For whatever reason, they are actually going backwards in terms of development and think they can sell this as a good thing. Those of us who have been here since the beginning know better.

As if its his fault DICE is whoring the Battlefield name out.
        Guys, we're talking about a damn video game. Whoring the Battlefield name? Do you know how much of a nerd you sound like?

For one thing you DON'T need extra players, it mucks things up, and takes out part of the skill factor and replaces it with more random. The battles in 1943 (which I have played more than enough of at this point) are perfectly balanced and feel just about right in every way.

Sure I've had some really random things happen (SMG hit detection for one) the game has more positives than negatives, and I am personally looking forward to BC2, and BF1943 on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
          Guys, we're talking about a damn video game. Whoring the Battlefield name? Do you know how much of a nerd you sound like?

For one thing you DON'T need extra players, it mucks things up, and takes out part of the skill factor and replaces it with more random. The battles in 1943 (which I have played more than enough of at this point) are perfectly balanced and feel just about right in every way.

Sure I've had some really random things happen (SMG hit detection for one) the game has more positives than negatives, and I am personally looking forward to BC2, and BF1943 on the PC.
          And you know how much a stat whoring nerd you sound like?

Comment

no in Bad Company 2 its 5 total: 1 pilot, 2 in the gunner seats, and 2 in the back.

Battlefield 2 (yr. 2005) has 6 total: 1 pilot, 2 in the gunner seats, and 3 in the back.

Project Reality (bf2 mod) has 8 total

The real Black hawk can hold 14 people in total :yay:
            I wish they modeled it after the real one so that I could be in the J10 that gets 14 kills per chopper crossing the sea to Dalian Plant.

Comment

There's still the Frosbite engine and destructible environnement add a lot to the gameplay, but for now it looks like BF:BC just got some things from BF2 and that's it. I guess we have to wait for BF3 for something innovative.

Comment

Choppers will be able to dolphin dive into the water,for balancing reasons,because flares never worked.

Comment

Originally posted by [nycff]Nate
                  I wish they modeled it after the real one so that I could be in the J10 that gets 14 kills per chopper crossing the sea to Dalian Plant.
                  Actually, in real life the BlackHawk has like 32 flares or more. So if you hit the X button one flare would come out, if you hold the X button the flares would come out like bullet shells. So you would NEVER be able to hit the blackhawk with a jet EVER!

You would have to use your guns, but in real life the J10 operates at an altitude that would most likely never come in contact with blackhawks.

but hey not everything needs to be more realistic

Comment

Darn tootin'

Comment

Actually, in real life the BlackHawk has like 32 flares or more. So if you hit the X button one flare would come out, if you hold the X button the flares would come out like bullet shells. So you would NEVER be able to hit the blackhawk with a jet EVER!

You would have to use your guns, but in real life the J10 operates at an altitude that would most likely never come in contact with blackhawks.

but hey not everything needs to be more realistic
                      Oh no, I specifically meant the about 5 seconds of sustained machine gun fire it takes with a jet to kill a chopper... That would be cool with 14 passengers...

Comment

Unless a Cobra gunner hit the J-10 before that with a TOW missile :laugh:

Comment

again, it's wrong to compare this game to BF2. wait for BF3 announcements to complain about things like vehicles. that article was comparing the original BC to the new one.

this is a console title that they are going to release for PC also. don't expect a full blown BF game like BF2, that's going to be BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            again, it's wrong to compare this game to BF2. wait for BF3 announcements to complain about things like vehicles. that article was comparing the original BC to the new one.

this is a console title that they are going to release for PC also. don't expect a full blown BF game like BF2, that's going to be BF3.
                            This.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's not a full fledged BF game, it is, but with a different focus than cramming as many soldiers as you can into one map.

Comment

I'm not sure what to expect for BC2. I know it'll be good, but of course it will not be BF2. Its ganna be like choppers and ground fights. To me planes add a whole new level of game play. We'll see though, it better have at least 40 players though!

Comment

Working...
                                X